Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

I need to replace my 6800GT

I need a good suggestion for a replacement for my 6800GT. I don't need a high end card just something that would match the specs of the 6800GT for a reasonable price. Needs to be AGP. I have a Intel P4 level motherboard.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

AGP has become a real rarity now. There aren't any new cards out there that use it, and I'm not sure what the highest level was. I think ATI made some X1350s in AGP a couple of years back, but they might have been in Europe only.

I think you're going to have to go to ebay to find an AGP card, but because they're rare you'll likely end up paying more than it's really worth.

On the flipside, you could probably upgrade that old P4 to something newer and faster with a PCI Express slot for not too much...oh, you'll need new RAM most likely too. So, you need a new mobo, RAM, CPU, and video card pretty much. Ouch.

Thanks for the feedback. I think there is still some hope :)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?page=1&Nav=|c:318|&Sort=0&Recs=10

I just didn't know if anyone had a good suggestion without doing a lot of research. I still intend to poke around myself. I'm inclined to go with the 7300GT but I'm still looking.

Edited by DoctorQuest