Sign in to follow this  
Crossbones

Strange new problem

I have a nice, new computer with windows 7 that is giving me fits trying to get OFF HitR to run properly. The game works great until I load 1.47 then funny things happen. I have a few planes that are missing from the game and they are the SE5a, Albatros DV, and the Nieuports 10, 11 and 16. All the rest seem to be there and work fine. When I try to set up a new pilot these planes say they are unavailable and will be added in future updates. Also if I pick one of them for QC the OFF manager crashes.

In addition, when I begin a mission in campaign mode by clicking "Go to field" a OFF Manager popup says "Populate Airfield Facility: Aircraft Set up error". I click 'OK' and everything seems to run normally.

I have totally uninstalled cfs3 and all OFF and OBD files and reinstalled everything 3 time and re-downloaded the HitR updates for good measure. I also make sure it is running in administrative mode.

I am sorry this is so lengthy but I was hoping someone might have an idea of where to go from here.

Thanks! Crossbones

Are you running OFF in XP compatibility mode?

Thank you Winston DoRight, I tried this at your suggestion but it did not help. Though it seems a bit tedious am going to try what uncleal suggested next. I will do just about anything to get my OFF working right again.

More later,

Crossbones

What's so tedious . . . clic on one button and wait 90 seconds ?dntknw.gif

Sorry uncleal, my intention was to install every patch ever made and check it each time to make sure it still worked and that is what was tedious, I just took your suggestion a step further. It did take a long time but the results were successful and worth it though I feel a little stupid in hindsight. It appears that I was not installing the superpatch but assuming I could go from the OFF BHaH dvd install to the HitR upgrade directly and the result was some of the planes not being there and a few other issues.

Thanks for your help and suggestions gentlemen! :drinks:

Crossbones