05-02-10

Down loaded WW2 Midway terrain up grade Enhancement Pak by Wrench.

Question would it be possible to change all the Carrier, destroyer, cruiser ,

battleship, oiler, and cargo ships to there real names. Example is as follows

First Carrier Strike Force you can have all the Japanese carriers, cruisers, destroyers,

and cargo ships with the real Japanese names. This way when you go on a mission

you have all the targets with real names. Then it would not be so boring blowing

up or sinking the same ship over and over again.

Thanks

Fatman

Sure, you'd just need individual OBJECTS for each and every ship, add each and every one to the types ini, then add each and every one to their locations in the ship formations. OTC did/does something similiar for the USN blockade destroyers, and Soviet freighters.

wrench

kevin stein

05-03-10

Thanks Wrench for the good advise. It sound like a lot of work, but I am willing to try to make the game more interesting.

Thanks Again

Fatman

I take you have the complete listing for TF16/17s CAs and DDs??? If not, I do.

BTW, we ARE missing the Sims Class DDs (in their proper from). I just renamed the destroyer as used in the US formations to 'Sims Class DD' ... it really isn't even close to the proper size/shape/armaments/etc. Also, IIRC, the CAs are incorrect -- have to re-look that one up. Probably Portland Class, as opposed to the Brooklyns (it's just a simple matter of not having enough ship types ....)

(also, anyone notice that the IJN DDs are called "Akakaze Class DD"??? Bonus points to ID it's origination)

wrench

kevin stein