Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

nice red baron vid with good music

That looks to be an amazing movie, why is it that none of the good war movies are shown here in the good ole' U.S. of A??????

That looks to be an amazing movie, why is it that none of the good war movies are shown here in the good ole' U.S. of A??????

A couple of observations:

1. The movie will be out on DVD in the states on June 1st.

2. Those planes behave more like X-Wing/Tie fighters than WWI a/c - using the Flyboys physics model no doubt :rofl:

3. Over at the Aerodrome the film was pretty much panned by everyone as claiming to be historically accurate and being absurdly not - just one howler as an example; MvR shoots down Roy Brown TWICE and the second time he is downed himself and shares a shellhole w/ Roy as they chat about this and that. :yikes:

Oh, OK - one more; The Kaiser visits and MvR, weary of war, pitches a peace plan to the Kaiser. :yikes:

...you can't make this stuff up.

I could answer the question, but not without being a little political, and since this is not the place for such definitions. I'll only state facts

Liberals are against all war

That about does it, in the fact Department. The rest is merely conjecture on my part, which I know is not desired

Well, I think there is more to it than that. There are several very good German made War movies that never made it to the USA big screens as for some reason, we like our movies made by Americans... I think it's the acting, the recognition of actors... etc.. etc. It might be politically movitated, but I don't think to that extent.

2 examples... Stalingrad, and Downfall. Two very well written and acted movies.

On a side note... I loved the comments posted by "surelygOne" about the Star of David on the side of the D.Va. It's priceless... :grin:

well, they managed to fit the only parts of the movie worth watching into the clip..so fair play to them.

The other 68 minutes is utter garbage (imho)

TBH, I find many of the OFF Youtube vids far, far more interesting and entertaining than this Red Baron one. I'm afraid it looked like a 10 year old's idea of WWI.

"I could answer the question, but not without being a little political, and since this is not the place for such definitions. I'll only state facts

Liberals are against all war

That about does it, in the fact Department. The rest is merely conjecture on my part, which I know is not desired"

Al, with due respect, your entire post is in the Opinion Department.

End of.

well, they managed to fit the only parts of the movie worth watching into the clip..so fair play to them.

The other 68 minutes is utter garbage (imho)

Yes, but somehow I have to watch it ...and probably own it dntknw.gif

I did like Flyboys so there's hope I'll get some enjoyment outta Der Rote Baron