Sign in to follow this  
ares77

This is .......Different

Ok so I've had this little problem lately that is as of yet unsolved.

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/55825-whats-wrong-with-this/

So I pretty much gave up on it since no one seems to know the answer.

Well the other day I went to play. Game loaded up as usual. Went to play single mission and during the flight I noticed all my controls had been reset as if I just installed the game. Go reassign my controls like I had them before then head back to what I was doing but I noticed on the aircraft drop down that the very planes I couldn't get in the above mentioned post all show up now for the first time (all stock migs, OE Birddog etc) and fly fine with pits and all. Fast foreward today and poof they are all gone again. The one thing I noticed is that when I reassigned the controls the second time I had a few differences than the first time (ie O for open bombay doors at first and Ctrl+O the second time). Now all my controls are back to how I originally had them at first. It's almost like the game loaded up a fresh install then went back to the original yet I only have one install modded WOV 08 etc. Anyone care to take a stab at what is going on here? I'd love to get all my stock aircraft back.

What OS are you using and what directory did you install WOV?

Windows 7 and its in Programs (x86) under WOV

Ok uninstall the sim and reinstall it somewhere that is NOT in that folder. Install it to C:/Thirdwire and let me know the results please.

Hmm does uninstalling it remove all the downloaded content as well? Or will it leave that where I can just transfer it all over? 40 something gigs is a lot to redo.

Ok just do this, grab that folder i.e. cut it and then paste it into the C:/ directory. You can do that no problem. Then run it.

Yep that did it. Thanks. Does it do that with all programs? Because it automatically places everything in the (x86) folder by default.

Yep that did it. Thanks. Does it do that with all programs? Because it automatically places everything in the (x86) folder by default.

I think it does. You just have to manually point it to where you want it to go.

anything in Win7 that 's in a progarm files folder seems 'locked out' (ie: when trying to edit an ini), even when the user is Admin.

Best advice: NEVER install any of the old games to /ProgramFile(x86), but to the root of C/. Found this out recently, meself

wrench

kevin stein