Sign in to follow this  
Burning Beard

Alright.....who stole my airplanes

After spending two days recovering my OFF install due to a new vid card driver, I am now missing some airplanes.

What I did was install the the new Nvidia drivers (197.77) and it made OFF, CFS3, and MTO unloadable. The games came back saying the my configuration overide xml file was out of date and I needed to rerun CFS3. Well to fix that I unistalled all of the above and started from scratch, though now I realize I didn't need to do all that. If it happens to you and you are using a LCD monitor, connect the monitor to the VHS cable and run CFS3 in analog mode and you should get an updated config overide file.

Anyhoo..... after much frustration I reinstall the whole Maryanne and got it running. However after installing OFF, BHandH, and patched up to 147 I now do not have some planes in campaign or quick combat mode. The onliest ones I am sure of at the moment are the N11 and N16, but obviously I haven't tried them all.

The interesting thing is if you use the old CFS3 quick combat in Workshop, it will not let you select those planes. You can however select another plane click the old quick combat ribbon and select them from the pop out menu and fly them. So I know they are there I just can't fly them where I want to, like campaign.

Any ideas how to fix this easily guys?

Beard

I had a similar problem and it turned out that I missed something during the reinstall. There is nice post somewhere that has the complete order of updates that you need to install it correctly. Also make sure there are no OFF folders left during a uninstall.

Good luck to you!

Crossbones

Here it is.

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/55654-bhah-install-order/

Edited by Crossbones

grin.gif Althought I just play without some of the aircraft, they were lost on a reinstall. Somewhere in loading the patches. Good luckgood.gif

Thanks Al,

I went straight from OFF to BH&H and didn't install the OFF upgrades, afer that put in the HTR. that is probably it.

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard

You were right Al,

I uninstalled and reinstalled Phase 3, the 1.32 and 1.32g patches. Then installed the HITR upgraded and patched through to 1.47, and every thing is now sunshine and roses.

By the way, when reinstalling Phase 3, the Configuration Overide.xml went missing again in both CFS3 and Phase 3, but I had saved a copy and put it back in (it is located in Application Data stuff) and it worked fine.

Beard