Sign in to follow this  
Rodster

I have a question regarding a fresh install

Hi fellas. I did a fresh install from CFS3 (DVD Version). I then updated to 3.1a (did not run 3.1) , then I installed the add-on pack for CFS3 "Firepower". Then it dawned on me Phase 3 may not work correctly. Is that the case? Will OFF Phase 3 work if I first install Firepower?

Thanks unCleal !

Is there a 3.1 UK patch because when I use the Microsoft 3.1 update I get an error message about not finding the old file and it aborts the update? Btw, I have the UBISOFT DVD version. From what I can tell it looks like the International version.

And I appreciate the info regarding Firepower. The graphics look terrible when compared to OFF.

Edited by Rodster

Not surprising, Firepower itself was written many years ago. Just be sure you keep the CFS3 DVD Handy, as OFF Might request it.

Mostly when the DVD is utilized, CFS3 isn't installed because it's not intended to be used, however in this case, we're all in the dark

Wow thanks, I totally forgot it was mentioned that with the DVD version you don't need to install CFS3. It just checks the disc for verification. drinks.gif

One last question, is there a way to tell what version of CFS3 is on the DVD? I would prefer not to install CFS3 and just install OFF3.

DVD versions are new, and therefore will already be 3.1. Just install and use, or don't install and point BH&H install to your CFS3 DVD.