Sign in to follow this  
Olham

FIFA World Cup

Congratulations to Germany. I agree Australia is an average team, but you still have to beat who is put before you. And you have to admit, 4-0 didn't flatter them...they were good for it. They have certainly been the class of the tournament so far. Now we will see if Italy, Brazil, Portugal and the Netherlands can step up to the challenge. But Germany impressed me. I thought they were still in transition and it would be a few more years before they would be back to being perrenial contenders again.

So, all eyes on their match against Ghana, and the possibility of an England-Germany game...

:drinks:

Hello,

whoever spoke of an unbelievable 4:0 :heat: . . .

But indeed Australia did not give up until the end, and i think at least one of the yellow, and the red card were over the top, by the referee.

Greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

I said to my wife, "If they ( England) start Green in goal it will be a disaster...........................It was.........

So, the final 4 will be Argentina, Germany ( where is Olham?), Spain, Brazil

Cheers,

British_eh

PS Is WINDER at the games?

I'm here, British_eh! Good tip - I wouldn't disagree.

Did you see, how hard the Brasilians found it to get into gear today?

Those little Koreans didn't seel their skin easily - man, did they work hard.

Spain look good on Paper!...but then, they did when they sent the Armada too :grin:

Spain look good on Paper!...but then, they did when they sent the Armada too :grin:

a big hello to mr drake :drinks:

rofl.gif Sir Francis Widowmaker has spoken! good.gif

Ha, well said Widowmaker! rofl.gif

I love it when something surprising like that happens in football. Makes the games a lot more interesting.

Now you made me hope that England and Germany will meet each other in the cup, and if England wins, you'll say something equally funny! But first your goalie needs to get his act together, he was awful against the Americans.

I love it when something surprising like that happens in football. Makes the games a lot more interesting.

Now you made me hope that England and Germany will meet each other in the cup, and if England wins, you'll say something equally funny! But first your goalie needs to get his act together, he was awful against the Americans.

an old english phrase says:"the game lasts 90 minutes, and in the end germany wins" :lol:

an old english phrase says:"the game lasts 90 minutes, and in the end germany wins" :lol:

Wasn't that a Dutch saying? warning.gif

Wasn't that a Dutch saying? warning.gif

I think at least 75% of ALL countries could say that! :drinks:

Hmmm - from the German viewpoint, it doesn't seem to have been THAT often.

Slips into memory mode....

Germany 1 England 5

Michael Owen 3 goals

Steven Gerrard 1 goal

Emile Heskey 1 goal

(All Liverpool at the time btw)

German scorer not remembered by this viewer

In Germany...in a qualifier...Now can we do it for the first time in the world cup since 66...

Or will the German golakeeper save all the bouncing bombs....(I bet he drinks Carling Black Label)

:grin:

Seems England has no lucky hand when choosing goal keepers.

Why is that? There must be a dozen of good men in a football nation as yours, I'd bet?

Aye, we used to have superb keepers like Banks, Clemence, Shilton and Seaman but now we don't have a clear number 1.

Personally I think Manuel Neuer is an excellent keeper for Germany. I've been watching the Bundesliga for the last 2 years and have been very impressed.

Spain are lucky buggers if you ask me. They have no less than 3 world class keepers. Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes and Jose Reina. Feast for them, famine for us it seems.

I'm not sure our keeper should be written off just yet...Ok, he made an awful error last Saturday..but I also played as a Keeper for many years, and made some bloopers too...and it annoyed me so much afterwards, that nothing else got past me for quite a while :good:

South Africa played terrible last night.

:yikes:

South Africa played terrible last night.

:yikes:

The newbies often have to fight many things, like awe for the veteran football nations, an understandable

semi-professional insecurity, less professional training etc.

They will have their big time one day, but now they must first get into the roll, which is hard, when the

expectations of your whole nation ly on your shoulders and minds, cause you are the host for the very

first time.

I wish your team lots of good luck, and that they may keep their morale high - it's not lost yet!

Morris, don't give up hope yet. Look at Switzerland/Spain and Mexico/France. And the atmosphere in their last group match will be incredible.

Good point Widow. I also played for a while...on the right wing. Which is quite appropriate for a flight sim junkie :grin:

Great game for Mexico today! It was an exciting match right to the end. I was glad to see them play up to the French, and not down like they did against the lesser Uruguay.

Hopefully US can pull a win out from under Slovakia tomorrow. But I have my reservations. We did well against England, but with our goalie sore, it might be rough.

OvS

oooooh.... lets see the dream match... North Korea vs South Korea... LOL!!! :rofl:

Edited by OvS

Great game for Mexico today! It was an exciting match right to the end. I was glad to see them play up to the French, and not down like they did against the lesser Uruguay.

Hopefully US can pull a win out from under Slovakia tomorrow. But I have my reservations. We did well against England, but with our goalie sore, it might be rough.

OvS

oooooh.... lets see the dream match... North Korea vs South Korea... LOL!!! :rofl:

Better not! If South Korea would win, the NK Top Nut would possibly use his bomb!

Surprising results, for Switzerland winning their match (theeeyyy aaarrre uuuuusuaaaallllyy veeeerrrry sloooow peeeeeople :grin:),

and Mexico winning, when the French where the clear favourite.

There must have been a big trouble in the French team; either just between the trainer and Thierry, or even the whole team.

To leave Thierry on the bench after the first half, was everything but understandable.

I hold my thumbs for the US Team!

I hold my thumbs for the US Team!

I hold two fingers up to the USA Team. :grin:

Germany v Serbia.

No Cup winning performances there!...I actually nodded off for 20 mins! (though I had just eaten a rather large Bowl of Chips)

You should have watched the second half - the German team was actually fighting

until the very end. With only 10 players, they didn' collect a second goal in their half.

It was just that little chance, that the keeper of Serbia held that 11-Meter (very good!).

The ref should perhaps get some more teaching.

If they give yellow card for just trying to get at the ball, and red for a little tackling, then

we are in for very boring matches in future.