Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

So the Fire Dept. Shows up at my house today

I have this alarm service APX. Very good service. I'm cooking spaghetti; I strain the noodles and low and behold one gets left behind in the pan and burns. Well I figure no biggie the vent fans are running. Well I hear this fire alarm that APX installed(it automatically calls the Fire Dept.) sound off. the alarm keypad declares that the smoke alarm has been triggered. I rush to and put the abort code in.(its only a three yard dash and I did so within seconds of the alarm being sounded.) So I call my buddy a few minutes after this happens and guess what I hear...you guessed it. Firetrucks(two engines and the chief to be exact).

The cheif arrives and I motion to cancel(by mimicaing cutting my throat) the chief, a fairly large man, steps out of his red dodge truck with a big smile on his face.

he asks "Is everything all right?"

By the this point my heart is ready to explode out of my chest and I reply "yeah everything is okay, sir...I'm about to s**t myself-but everthing is okay"

I told him I was cooking a little noddle gets burned...the steam is thicker than the smoke THICKER than the smoke AND not only that the other smoke alarm that you buy at any Wal-Mart or hardware store DID NOT GO OFF. I explained that to the chief as well.

Then I did only thing I could do and I ask "do you any of boys want some tea?"

He declines with a smile on his face and I appologize and tell him how dreadfully sorry I am. I have a lot of respect for them and I thought APX cancelled everything. The cheif says he prefers these calls at least they can go back to the station. He aslo mentions that I know the system works. We shake hands and part ways.

Lesson learned: one be extra extra extra carefull when cooking. Two don't lite a candle in the house EVER. no smoking in the house(for those that like to smoke because I don't smoke) and there are plenty of resturaunts in my area....might be using those for quite a while.

Edited by Skyviper

Bee wax candle might be okay. That's all I use.

If you can't burn a bees wax candle in your own pad, what's the whole point? :grin:

Bee wax candle might be okay. That's all I use.

If you can't burn a bees wax candle in your own pad, what's the whole point? :grin:

Blow the candle out in the outdoors....that alarm is one sensative piece of equipment. I'm glad we have it. In case of real fire we'll probably have enough time to get the heck out...hell the Fire Dept. Might be waking us up too. They got there quick.