Sign in to follow this  
Guest Levert

Unusual help request

Guest Levert

I found a Kfir picture on a site and I wanted to make a skin like but I didn't like it how it looked in its final stage. So I decided to use only two color (the original real camo had three colors) , green and that white yellow. I liked the result and I put it with some other backups leaving the final polishing for later on. But I screwed up with some backup file later and I discovered I lost my skin but I managed to save a shot of it. I said to myself that I will catch up fast with the lost file but I was wrong. I don't know if you know that but human eye is the most sensitive to green color. Green color has the most shades of all spectrum colors. In other words if you make a fine tunning of green color shades you end up not distinguishing the differences. If you don't believe me , try play for half an hour with green

shades...

Now what is my request....

How can I detect the pixel color in a shot (an in-game shot , of course of the aircraft paintjob) in such a way to be able to rebuild the original color seen in shot ? When I zoom to max...because of lighting game's engine the range of pixel colors differ in a large margine.

Any suggestion is wellcome. Thank you.

post-60548-034209200 1277417164.jpg

post-60548-032447700 1277417359.jpg

Edited by Levert

What Painting program are you using? With PhotoShop you could open the screenshot, select an area ,copy to a new .bmp, then reduce the image size till you get close to a single color. Try to select an area without lines or weather,highlights, ect. Best I could do.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

Levert:

If you look at most skin paint jobs,you will find out that when you get down to the pixel size,there are several different shades of the same color used to get the desired color result.

Guest Levert

Levert:

If you look at most skin paint jobs,you will find out that when you get down to the pixel size,there are several different shades of the same color used to get the desired color result.

I agree, it's exactly what I said. How can you mix 20 shades ? I work in pain.net

Guest Levert

What Painting program are you using? With PhotoShop you could open the screenshot, select an area ,copy to a new .bmp, then reduce the image size till you get close to a single color. Try to select an area without lines or weather,highlights, ect. Best I could do.

Raven

I didn't think of that. It sounds brilliant ! I'll try, hope that would do the trick. Big thanks man.

ps - I use paint.net