Sign in to follow this  
rabu

The Shooting "Twitch"

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone, will keep working on it.

Sounds like you are getting closer to beating your "jerk fire" issue.

A coupla things that might help.

The main reason a lot of people jerk when firing is that they EXPECT a gun to go off. Sounds kinda ironical doesn't it.....cause a gun DOES go off! and kick too. But from what I've seen, we train ourselves to do this as kids when we play fight....what do we do?....we fire the gun (imaginary) and we jerk to simulate the effect. This takes root in the subconcious. I've often helped freinds of mine who have the same problem when firing real weapons. One way that works is to have them aim and fire an empty weapon while keeping it smooth and on target before AND after firing. Its amazing, they jerk just as much when the guns empty as when its loaded. ITS ENTIRELY MENTAL! :heat: But after a while, they stop jerking and realize that they are the problem, and can stay on target all the way through the shot. Breathing control, squeezing the trigger like a lemon not whacking it back like a railroad switch, helps too. So maybe one, or a combination of these mind tricks will help you keep focus. Whether when you fly you tell yourself, this gun is empty, so it takes the boom out of the mental image, or (this is a fav of mine for flying) you tell yourself mentally, This trigger fires a paint squirter, and I want to paint a particular part of that guys plane up there, or maybe the guy himself right in the back of the head, and to do that, I will focus on where my targeting dot (I know not in OFF, but if you know your plane, you know where that should be) is, and not the fact these are simulated machine guns. You keep your focus on the targeting, and not on the fact that you are shooting guns, and your accuracy will improve....its mind over matter.

One last method is to fly without firing, put your finger below the trigger as a training exercise, and do some quick dogfights, and simply keep your plane, (end of your machine gun) on the enemy plane AS IF you were firing. Fly to keep him the best target, and work to control your plane to put the tip of that machine gun regularly on him where you want it. After a while you can then squeeze the joystick SOFTLY (but not the trigger) at the point you feel you would fire. Your aim will calm down and your accuracy will improve. Give it a go. :grin:

ZZ.

Edited by zoomzoom