Tomb:

i must be missing a file

The F84F now has been given rocket pylons i have changes the loadout.ini/data.ini/campaign data.ini

thier is obviously a 4th file that single mission use's... or an allowable weapons list..whats it called and where is it ?

No, there isn't a "4th file" or "allowed weapons list" for single missions. If you're having problems getting weapons to show up in single missions, then there is a problem with one of the following:

1) The loadout.ini for the aircraft

2) the weapon station configuration in the aircraft's DATA.INI

3) The weapons themselves that you're trying to load.

Best to check the changes you made. For example, I noticed on the Sea Hawk FGA.6 that you uploaded that your Loadout.ini specifies 500lb bombs on stations 1 & 2, which you defined in the DATA.INI as FT-only.

Eric Howes

yup but if you check thier are 6 defined stations 2 fuel and 4 bomb, you can load 4 bombs or 2xbomb and 2xFT

i took them out orignally but this caused other problems

if you look carefully thier is another pylon "doubled up" both inboards and outboards, inboards fuel or bomb, outboards bomb or rocket.

not too elegant but it did allow the 3D weapon objects to work otherwise they hung "in space" with no visable means of support

i have also added 2xextra rocket pylons

thier is madness in the method :)

for the F84F it could be i have the weapon name wrong or perhaps nationality of a weapon is not defined correctly...knowing thier is no 4th file helps me not look for one

for example in single mission you can load weapons not defined in the loadout.ini, can i assume that is down to what you put in the aircraft data.ini? BOMB/RP/FT etc, and nationaility which ones ?

whats available in the campaign is clearly the data.ini held thier and can differ from and overides the single mission case (up to a point)

i will tinker a bit more

Tomb:

for example in single mission you can load weapons not defined in the loadout.ini, can i assume that is down to what you put in the aircraft data.ini? BOMB/RP/FT etc, and nationaility which ones ?

I'd suggest you peruse the Knowledge Base for information of weapons and loadouts.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

speaking of loadout for the T-Streak, TK forgot to give us drop tanks for it, too!! You'd VERY rarely see ANY Gen 1 jets without drop tanks.

and no, TMF T-streak tanks don't really work.

wrench

kevin stein

Yes they do Kevin. I modified the data.ini myself so they would.

well, damnit!!! Post it so I can fix mine!!! :lol:

btw, you an use the mIg-17 tanks on the Mig-15, too (it's already set up for, just needs the laoudout ini tweeked)

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench:

If we leave the all the Cyprus target areas marked Friendly, what are the chances of enemy forces taking the non-airfield Cyprus areas?

If there is a significant risk of that happening, why not create a Location14 in the Nations.ini, label it "British Cyprus," assign the airfields to that location, and leave the remaining two Cyprus target areas as Neutral? Any potential problems with that arrangement?

Eric Howes

the airfields are already set to friendly, with the n series 0 value targets (EVERYTHING, including the runways have 0 values, precluding the tasking of Enemy strike missions)

The 2 cities were neutral, as there's nothing there but a watertower to place hold the place.

I really don't see any problems adding or renaming the Paphos and Akrotiri ABs to 'british cypurs'. A simple text edit in the Nations.ini

worht a try, at the very least!

wrench

kevin stein

Guys:

OK, attached is a new ISRAELME_NATIONS.INI and TARGETS.INI. The Cyprus airfields are marked FRIENDLY and assigned to the new Location14=British Cyprus. The cities are still Location=13 and marked Neutral. These should be tested with the modified Suez_DATA.INI that I posted earlier -- the one with Cyprus defined as a Neutral Location.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

well, damnit!!! Post it so I can fix mine!!! :lol:

Its in the Suez mod, you douche. What the hell do you think this thread is about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, hell.... :rofl: ...the thing you're looking for is ALWAYS in the last place place you look.

wrench

kevin stein

na the FAQ does not appear to hold the information i require or at least i could not find it to change the F84F, no worries i will figure it out eventually.