Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

JASDF F-86 Sabre Skin Pak

JASDF F-86 Sabre Skin Pak

JSADF F-86F-40 Sabre Skin Pak

=For SF2 & SF/SFG/WoV/WoE and maybe WoI @ 08 Levels and above=

Something to fill the gap for early usage by the JASDF, from it's formation in 1954, until the mid/late 1960s when the F-104s began replacing them.

You MUST have the F-86F-40 installed first, before installing these skins (duh!). Although all Zur's Sabres are mapped identically, these are for the F-40 variant, and NOT the standard or garden variety F-86F (although the JASDF DID use/build a lot of F variants)

The 4 JASDF Squadron represented here are:

1 Hikotai

3 Hikotai

6 Hikotai

8 Hikotai

While designed with SF2 installs in mind (this was tested in my full-4 merged), it can also be used in 1st Gens, with some minor editing. I've suppled a 'blank' SF/Wo* F-86-40.ini (blank meaning it has no textureset listings), and full instructions for use in 1st Gens, found down below in the "To Insall" section. Be advised, I no longer mod for 1st Gen Series, excepet for WW2 (and I'm trying like crazy to get THEM updated...), so if you can't figure it out...

All have accurate serial numbers assigned, as per squadron (rated at 90%, as I couldn't find each and every one of the 18 A/C per squadron, so 1-3 are 'fill-ins'. Rest assured, however, they ARE correct either for NAA or Mistubishi/Fuji built versions). While the number.lst in included, it's been deactivated as for to keep you from running out of numbers while playing; what with only 18 aircraft per squadron, this is a VERY real possibility. It's easily reactivated by a simple rename. A 'generic' patch is included, also renamed to remove it. SF2 seems to have some kind of 'issue' with the paintchip/patch, in that it shfits the squadron selextions in the dropdown to the left a bit, making it hard to read.

For SF2 only, there are a new SF2 style plane-jane Hangar Screen, a new avionics ini that activtes the gun ranging-only radar (puts the yellow diamnomd on the target when within range),a =very= incomplete UserList.ini, and an extra main ini for SF/Wo* 1st Gen usage. The avioinics.ini =NOT= usable in SF/Wo* 1st Gens, except with the possiblity of WoI with the new Suez Expansion Pak. This has =NOT= been tested, as I don't have the WoI Expansion.

As always, READ the enclosed readme for full, highly detailed, step-by-step install instructions. For those wishing to install to 1st Gen games, =PLEASE= make double damn sure you read the special section for you. I've tried to keep it as simple a possible, while covering all bases.

It is HIGHLY suggested you read this document through before installing the mod, to make sure you understand what's to be accomplished.

Good Hunting!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/22/2010
  • Category

Very good pack for our Jap collection. :good:

Paul :yes:

- numbers of 8K not showing (xnumbers)

yeah, the number lst is renamed xnumber to (hopefully) prevent running off the end. Just rename it back.

Glad you like them!

Now, we just need a 3d Guy to build us a Rodan.....

wrench

kevin stein