Just for fun, I downloaded the F-302 and Death Glider add-on aircraft for SF from the A-Team's site. The Death Glider has a nice skin, but the F-302 is bare. Does anyone have a skin for the A-Team's 3D model of the F-302, or a Photoshop template I could create one from?

(Forgive my ignorance, but is the template file created by 3D Studio Max, or how do you know where to map the skin BMP onto the model?)

I am flying them in SF2 and they work OK, but the missiles for the Death glider ride above the wings, not below. Does anyone know if this an SF2 thing, of just that it is a beta product? I can fiddle with the pylon positioning in the data.ini file, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Like 1

Uda'jeets don't carry missiles ... have you NOT watched the movies and TV series??? They only have the particle beam cannon.

About 3+ years ago, I dailed in all the weapons for the Mongoose, completely re-decaled it for ALL the Prometheus class ships' squadrons, and even added "period" sci-fi nose art. I even asked Capun to recut the lod into several new meshes, so the decals would show up properly, with a complete report on other minor flaws. It hasnt happened yet! Both the Uda'jeet and Mongoose have SG themed screens ... don't know where everything is ... maybe on the old HD off the blown up comp. Have to look for them.

There is no template, cause there's only one skin map.

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench,

I didn't add the missiles, I just stopped them floating above the wing surface. I know missiles aren't authentic, but given the Pulse Cannon don't work, I needed something other than harsh language to defend myself with! :grin:

If I understand correctly, you are saying you built some skins for the F-302 a couple of years ago, but you aren't sure where they are now. I might have a fiddle around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the info!

No, just decals. Which for some reason now don't want to work...and this is in WoE! You getting the exploding wingmen too? The hangar and loading screens are my work, too.

The tail codes I have (once I dial in the decals) are for

Apollo

Deadaleus

Korelev (would also gets a Red Star wing decal, altough the nation is still USAF, as opposed to Russian Federation)

Odessey

Phoenix

Prometheus

The bird itself is a >Beta release, and need new meshes cut, and complete remapping. Only capun can do that. Mine does all sorts of odd tings ... exploding wingman, vibrating/jumping up and down, digging a wing on take off roll. Needs a LOT of work. But it's a sci-fi what ifer to the max, and probably very low priority.

I have/had working pulse cannon for the Uda'jeet, but can't find that either! Hopefully, it didnt get totally lost in old comps crash. Also, it should have come with 6-8 J'ffa pilot skins ... each as a different System Lord's tatoo.

wrench

kevin stein

Ah, exploding wingmen! Yes indeed I have seen this phenomenon. Not the best way to start a mission! :blink:

I worked on a body.bmp image, but it only maps onto a small area surrounding the F-302 cockpit. So only decals, I guess. However, one could make an interesting full-wing decal with panel lines etc. I suppose? This is just a curiosity for me, and I probably won't fly this aircraft much, but it was fun having a go and digging through the code to see what made it tick.

I wonder if there is a 3DS Max model of it out there somewhere. I actually taught 3DS Max at uni once, but 3D isn't my thing. I was only ever 1 tutorial ahead of my students.