Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

WWI Bomber

The trees and ground are enemy's of mine but it seems also that wind during take off was a big crash factor. How did those people have the nerve to buckel up in those creates ? Only the Brave.

Wouldn't it be better to put all these videos in the videos sticky topic above? It would make the board much easier to navigate and read new topics of interest.

I thought that the Video sticky was for OFF Videos ? However, it sounds good to me.:grin:

Not so much the wind but the crosswind. For the most part in WW1 you weren't slaved to a runway. You pointed the machine into the wind and took off with little-to-no crosswind at all.

Not so much the wind but the crosswind. For the most part in WW1 you weren't slaved to a runway. You pointed the machine into the wind and took off with little-to-no crosswind at all.

Cross Wind ?

The silly cow laughing at the Vimy in trouble is lucky I wasn't standing beside her.

Not bad doing an emergency aborted take off with no brakes. Pilot's a legend I think.....