Sign in to follow this  
Cliff7600

Monty's Skyraider

not sure of the question .... what was edited? Judging by the screenie, just loadouts. BTW, USN/USMC SPADs carried HVARs up until their retirement in/around 1966. It was the USAF/VNAF that used the RPs on the 6/7 (A-1H/J and 5 (A-1E) {source: Detail & Scale #67, and several other books on the subject}

For uploading, just write a readme stating what was done, how to install (if someting needs backing up, etc). Zip it up, and upload the zip to the proper downloads category. Not much too it really!

wrench

kevin stein

Thank you for the info about the HVARs (and all the work you've done).

One question :

What is the name of the Razbam Skyraider folder, and how is it called in the aircrafts list?

I'd like to know to avoid confusion, and to simplify installation (and deleting).

I don't have Raz's SPADs installed at the moment... I think they're named the same. So, in the announcement thread/reade say "For MontyCZs A-1H ONLY" or something like that.

I do remember when I had them installed, I'd renamed the folder and main ini to "AD-4_Rz", and in the AircraftDisplayName= line AD-4 (Rz), so on the dropdown there'd be no confusion.

Did the samy with Monty's, when I split it into USN and USAF version

A-1H_USN

A-1H_USAF

and made the appropriate ini edits.

Oddly enough, since we're using it for the KAW mod, I just discovered that Monty's has alwasy been a -4, as its missing the TACAN hump, rotary becon on the vert fin, and some other smaller details. But it has the -6 and later angled inboard pylons, whereas the 1 thru 4 used a straight type.

also, with a new lod (to be released with KAW), makes a good BT2D, AD-1,-2, -3. Look closly and you'll see what's missing....

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

give that man a ceee-gar!! Yes indeed, courtesy of Monty for giving us the MAX files, and Bobrock for the 3d work

Other than that, it's all identical -- so all skins and decals work with no problems

Even did it to TK's Skyraider's from SF2V.... you can see the differences; the TACAN hump, beacon mount, extra antenna between the canopy & TACAN, exhaust flare 'hider' thingy forward of pit. Outer guns removed via ini edits (thank you unicode hex editors!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

So I'll wait for that one!!!

I like so much when SF2 planes work with 1st gen install.

...especialy the Spad!