[Fictional] McDonnell Douglas F-4B Phantom 'COAN'
McDonnell Douglas F-4B 'COAN' for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-4B_67 to give a fictional Phantom F-4B 'COAN' as it might have appeared in service with the Comando de Aviación Naval Argentina and includes fictional markings for;
1st Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque (1st Fighter/Attack Squadron).
3rd Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque (3rd Fighter/Attack Squadron).
This little update introduces folderised decals, a new Pilot figure and a modern Argentinian aircraft carrier which looks suspiciously like the CVA-63 Kittyhawk to me. This carrier is optional and you should really only use it if you have Strike Fighters:North Atlantic.
1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4B_COAN folder into your Aircraft folder.
2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4B_COAN folder into your Decals folder.
3. From the GROUND OBJECTS folder drag and drop the BernardinoRivadavia folder into your Ground Objects folder.*
4. From the PILOTS folder drag and drop the PILOT_COAN into your Pilots folder.
5. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the AM39 folder into your Weapons folder.
* You'll really need to add 'ArgentineNavy' to the limited nations section of the ICELANDNA_NATIONS data.ini (which you'll need to extract). Doing this yourself will allow you to align the Argentine Navy to a 'colour' of your choice.
As always, thanks to TK for a great little game/sim.
Thanks to Ravenclaw007 for the AM39 Exocet missile - as soon as I saw the textures I knew who to thank!
And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
Version 2 - 03/01/2015
Version 1 - 15/10/2010