Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Posting the Battle of Caporetto campaign

Ok, I finally stopped messing with this campaign. I'm posting it tonight. There are a few issues that I know of that I'm still going to work on but for now it works just fine. It is in two downloads. Part 1 has ALL the major files needed. Part 2 has ONLY the ENEMY aircraft w/out the Decals folders. They are in Part1.

I highly recommend to everyone to merge Part2 into Part1 after download. Just copy all the aircraft in the aircraft folder and past them into the Part1 aircraft folder.

This is all set up for FE2. My folder structure in this download is set up like FE2. But.....everything should work with FEG too. Just have to move some files around.

Anyway there are a bunch of readme files inside. I also highly recommend a new install called Austria-Italy (or something along those lines). And BACK UP ALL YOUR ORIGINAL STUFF. Please!. This will be a very involved install. Many, many files. But It almost creates a whole new sim. If you get it to work (I hope you all do) It is awsome to play.

I'm going to create a thread for all "Battle of Caporetto" questions. I just know there will be a lot. I, and others I hope, will do my best to help you all install everything correctly. Use the new thread or PM me anytime.

Lol....Good Luck

Funny....the download for the campaign says Part1=80 and Part2=60 :dntknw:

It should say Part1=80 and Part 2=80 :grin:

I hope everyone knows Part2 is essential for the campaign to work. It has ALL the enemy aircraft files.

I'm curious.....Has anyone played this campaign yet? I would like to know if it's working and if things need to be addressed.

I haven't play the campaign yet (busy with a NATO FIGHTERS campaign), but I have installed all in FE (series1, God I hate Unicode!!!) and it seems to work afer modiffying some thing for my taste. Peter and you have downgrade the armor in the Austrian planes, but not in the Italian planes, and gave Austrians Spandaus instead Schwarzloses. I'm Trying too to upgrade some of the Austrian two seaters (they are exactly the same FM, DM, etc than the Aviatic CII, so I want to give more bombs to the Lloyds and giving a forward firing gun and maybe a 200hp engine to the Hansa-Brandenburg CI, this plane made some aces in its day...). Also added some German units to the campaign (Albatros DVa). This war a German-Austrian offensive after all...

After flying some single missions, I absolutely love the front. Very good work! It's very active with all those tracers. And it can be used for Isonzo earlier campaigns!!! (we have the planes, but need some italian skins for Nieuport 11 and 17)

Now I'm working in a little Austria-Italia medals pack to use with your campaigns. I need to test it in campaign first.

I haven't play the campaign yet (busy with a NATO FIGHTERS campaign), but I have installed all in FE (series1, God I hate Unicode!!!) and it seems to work afer modiffying some thing for my taste. Peter and you have downgrade the armor in the Austrian planes, but not in the Italian planes, and gave Austrians Spandaus instead Schwarzloses. I'm Trying too to upgrade some of the Austrian two seaters (they are exactly the same FM, DM, etc than the Aviatic CII, so I want to give more bombs to the Lloyds and giving a forward firing gun and maybe a 200hp engine to the Hansa-Brandenburg CI, this plane made some aces in its day...). Also added some German units to the campaign (Albatros DVa). This war a German-Austrian offensive after all...

After flying some single missions, I absolutely love the front. Very good work! It's very active with all those tracers. And it can be used for Isonzo earlier campaigns!!! (we have the planes, but need some italian skins for Nieuport 11 and 17)

Now I'm working in a little Austria-Italia medals pack to use with your campaigns. I need to test it in campaign first.

I know about Jasta 1, 31, and 39. I just wasnt sure how to add them in. The terrain is kind of small and there are already a lot of planes filling the skies. I was thinking of adding some German units and even a few of the FFA two seater units as well. But first I need to know if this campaign is working out ok. Pictures and profiles of Jasta units are very rare. I can only think of a couple of skins to make,which I'm making now btw.

The problem with certain planes, like the Nieuport 17, by the end of 1917 the Italians didnt have a whole Squad equipt with the N17. Most were mixed batches of different models. You cant create a mixed flight in these campaigns. So I just left them out and used the later models like the N24 and N27. Also there are very few airfields for the Allied airunits to use.

I was thinking of starting at an earlier date too. Like you said, one of the Isonzo battles. But I had to draw a line somewhere. It was a lot of work just trying to create this campaign.

Thanks for the comments ojcar.