Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Personal skins?

I'm thinking in starting a campaign with the germans just after the Eindecker (which plane followed this the E.III?) and will like to know If is possible to use personal skins, If I can reach 5 kills will like to have my own paintcheme. I remember Red Baron 3d let you paint your plane, is the same for OFF?

I'm thinking in starting a campaign with the germans just after the Eindecker (which plane followed this the E.III?) and will like to know If is possible to use personal skins, If I can reach 5 kills will like to have my own paintcheme. I remember Red Baron 3d let you paint your plane, is the same for OFF?

Hi Stratos

At the moment you have to paint your own...if you're interested in doing so, check out the OFF skinners section.

Hey, Stratos; yes, you can make your own skins.

Best is to get a program like DXTBmp (free download), to convert skins from the sim into bmp format.

Then you work on it in a graphic program, and when it's ready, you re-convert it into a .dds file.

The skins are here:

[your game folder] > campaigns >CampaignData > skins

You may also pick one of the many skins, that users have already made available in the download section here:

http://combatace.com...aircraft-skins/

With an individual skin, you cannot have fuel management. If you use fuel management, your whole flight

will show your skin. Perhaps that will be solved in P4 - if it can be changed.

Edited by Olham

I raved for the Halberstadt, because it must have been a great fighter after the Eindecker.

You need to adjust your mind to the time being in the war.

It is pointless to say: the Albatros D.II is much better than the Halberstadt; and the D.III is much better than the D.II.

Because first there was only the Halberstadt - and it was good for a while.

It is easy to fly, has a decent climb rate, turns good enough to even fight Nieuports.

Yes, I say it again: I like it. (Until the Albatros D.I appears, of course!)

Edited by Olham

Thanks, will try to get the five kills before the skin, then maybe I will ask for a good skinner to help me :)