Here is my question for the day. IS IT POSSIBLE to change the default T.O. Flap setting to use landing flap angles for the takeoff run. I've noticed the B-47 needs a TON of runway(more than you have) with the current TO flap setting...........if you use LANDING flaps for TO you can get it airborne in about 2500m......the full length but it works. CAN the data ini be changed for this?? Also....where do you change the max speed that the flaps can be deployed for landing?? You need to slow the B-47 down to 150kts to drop the first notch of flaps........nearly impossible to do........I believe it should be closer to 200kts......Champ

for the flap setting , add

[FlightControl]

FlapSettingForLanding=1

FlapSettingForTakeOff=1 #1 is the Setting[#] found in flaps data section,

should be 2 or 3 for planes with multiple flap settings

flap deploy speeed, look for DeployValue in the flap data section, value is in meter/second

Stratojets should ONLY be set to

MinBaseSize=LARGE

This will limit them to Runway4s, provided the terrain has them, but allows them a bit more runway. And the whole FM could use a serious overhaul.

Changing the flap setting DO help!

Now ... if we could get the RATO bottles to work....as most (if not all) Es were equipped with them...but would teh AI use them?

Putting together a new QB-47E target drone. I made the J47's the type with water injection(-25A).....added about 20 percent thrust. Now I can rotate at the VERY,VERY end and just get airborne before I mow the cactus. That's with TO FLAPS(20)........with LANDING FLAPS (50) she does much better.........3/4 runway....Champ

post-52878-028976900 1289083742.jpg

post-52878-032538100 1289083752.jpg