Sign in to follow this  
ChickenGeorge

Realistic Survival Settings

Hi there, bit of a lurker but have a problem trying to implement these settings within the PDF file in the survival in the air series 1915-16. The file says i should make these changes:

Campaign Mission Freq: Historical (Weather Mode) On the Persistent Weather Statistics page

Clouds – Heavy,

Lightning – Heavy,

Sea State – 4

Seasonal Cover Type: Winter Full

Front – Rain, Snow, or Sleet.

Recommended/ User Choice: With these settings 13% of the Missions will present with some form of precipitation. Historically they rarely flew in any sort of precipitation. Take note that from ~ October to end April ~ 25% of Missions were cancelled due to weather therefore we will leave it to you to decide if the weather is satisfactory for a flight.

Now i just dont know how to do this, i have checked all the settings needed but now what :dntknw:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi there, bit of a lurker but have a problem trying to implement these settings within the PDF file in the survival in the air series 1915-16. The file says i should make these changes:

Campaign Mission Freq: Historical (Weather Mode) On the Persistent Weather Statistics page

Clouds – Heavy,

Lightning – Heavy,

Sea State – 4

Seasonal Cover Type: Winter Full

Front – Rain, Snow, or Sleet.

Recommended/ User Choice: With these settings 13% of the Missions will present with some form of precipitation. Historically they rarely flew in any sort of precipitation. Take note that from ~ October to end April ~ 25% of Missions were cancelled due to weather therefore we will leave it to you to decide if the weather is satisfactory for a flight.

Now i just dont know how to do this, i have checked all the settings needed but now what :dntknw:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Also how do i shoot a flare,,thanks again

Lulz @ Uncleal.

Chicken, I had the same questions as you when I started out on RSS. That part is a bit confusing isn't it? Truth be told I haven't figured out what it means either. I just left the default settings and if it's raining or something I'll roll a die to see whether flights are cancelled that day or night but a definitive answer would be nice since the PDF reads as though those are actual settings you can change but I can't find them anywhere in OFF.

Edited by Javito1986

Firstly you can only ( shoot ) a flare if your Aircraft loaded out with Flares

Why are you so into 1915-16, survival later-on in the war was much-much harder. Early on you only had to contend with Mother Nature with the occasional enemy contact. Where as later on Nature was still there unchanged and as unforgiving as ever, plus then you encountered enemy

aircraft much more frequently and in much larger numbers

I haven't the first idea as to what Sea State - 4 is

If the idea of having it hard, turns- you -on, try dumping a tray of ice cubes into your shorts, and close one nostril with a ball of cotton, don't forget to wear an eye patch

Also don't forget Uncleal to put pencils in your ears and your underwear on your head... :lol:

Firstly you can only ( shoot ) a flare if your Aircraft loaded out with Flares

Why are you so into 1915-16, survival later-on in the war was much-much harder. Early on you only had to contend with Mother Nature with the occasional enemy contact. Where as later on Nature was still there unchanged and as unforgiving as ever, plus then you encountered enemy

aircraft much more frequently and in much larger numbers

I haven't the first idea as to what Sea State - 4 is

If the idea of having it hard, turns- you -on, try dumping a tray of ice cubes into your shorts, and close one nostril with a ball of cotton, don't forget to wear an eye patch

I know you must load the flare but which button combination fires the flare?

Lulz @ Uncleal.

Chicken, I had the same questions as you when I started out on RSS. That part is a bit confusing isn't it? Truth be told I haven't figured out what it means either. I just left the default settings and if it's raining or something I'll roll a die to see whether flights are cancelled that day or night but a definitive answer would be nice since the PDF reads as though those are actual settings you can change but I can't find them anywhere in OFF.

Cheers Javito1986 makes me feel better knowing that i am not missing something quite obvious :)

Dropping of Flares, firing rockets, or dropping bombs is a 2 key operation ( left over from CFS3 ) SELECT = Backspace . . only need to press it once, at the start of mission. . I refer to it as ARM

Followed by FIRE = Enter

In CFS3, aircraft had the ability to carry more than one type of ordnance, we don't have that choice in OFF

Sooo you only need to put one button on your Joystick

Thanks for that uncleal

from http://combatace.com/topic/59799-new-sia-rss-april-1917-february-1918/page__p__447149__hl__rss__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=447149

My question to UK_Widowmaker: The weather settings (clouds, lightning, sea state etc) have me lost...I don't know were in the game settings to find any of this.

His Answer: With regards to the Weather, if you select Persistent Weather Stats (PWS) in the Workshop Settings, you will see, as the Mission loads, the PWS page come up. It will tell you what you are likely to experience in the Mission weather. If you see the Heavy Clouds, Lighting- Heavy, etc, as per the note in the SIA - RSS then you may elect to skip the mission, or be aware that the mission might be a no - go if it's raining. It's a heads up to let you know what's coming. From October until April, in most of the War years, the weather was crap and more than 35 % of their missions were scrubbed.

Adverse conditions like that I'll fly it only about 1/3 of the time, so basically if I roll a 5-6 on a 6 sided online die I'll fly, otherwise the mission's cancelled. Might even be more accurate to go with a 6 only though... really, Sopwith Camels are hard enough to take off and land on -dry- grass, nevermind rainy grass. Nevermind trying to have a dogfight in those conditions, the wind is more likely to kill you than the enemy. You get turned around inside a cloud, stall, next thing you know you're in a negative G spin and you can't see anything because your monitor is red. I consider it quite bad luck to be forced to fly on a stormy day... better to take the day off and visit the movies. I hear Stella Maris is playing at the theater these days, and Mary Pickford is a great deal more attractive than the gun barrel of a DVII's spandau.

Bloody war's hard enough to survive with all those balloon busting missions they give you... and if you follow RSS you have to crank ground gunnery up to hard for those! If they told me to go bust a balloon during a rainstorm I'd rather grab my pistol, give myself a 'blighty' in the foot, and be done with it

Edited by Javito1986

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

Yes, it is too convoluted and so thanks to 77Scout, and a few others input, it will be changed. I will post the new RSS-SIA for all the time frames next week, and the SIA-RSS 1915 - June 1916 will be posted now that will have the new Weather Page info.

If it's actually raining, either scrub the mission, or go for a tour for 10 minutes and see if it changes. If not, fly back to the Aerodrome. The doping on the planes didn't like the wet, nor the carburetor jets, nor the pilots.

Hope this makes it a bit easier. The new Settings are much easier to sort out. A new Bullet Loadout will be available too, thanks to countless hours of research , mostly by Bletchley!

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh