has anyone thought on updating the DeHavilland Chipmunk for Gen 2? just tried poppin it in my install biggest issue is with the prop just won't spin fast at rpm like say the Mustang or Tempest. also goes sloooooow tho quite nimble. on test flight flew thru a german city at 40 ft altitude 78 kts winding thru the streets avoiding migs! i know it should be slow and nimble but that might be a bit much. got inspired to bring it over on account of Brixmis recon flights in Berlin during the main timeframe covered by SF2 Europe.

oh on the prop i have reduced the prop diameter gradually from 2.25 all the way down to 0.85 and experimented with RPM speeds to no avail.

I just couldn't resist....

wrench

kevin stein

The Chipmunk isn't known for speed ( it has a relatively small engine).

I remember reading an student RAF pilots account of trying to race a Deltic locomotive hauled train on the East Coast main line...and losing. The Deltics were the fastest the railways had at the time, but they were only 100 mph machines.

If you must speed it up I would think increasing your engine thrust is the best place to start.....

Alan

thanks for the reply but i am trying to speed up the prop rotation, not the actual aircraft speed. as it stands you can see each blade even at max engine power and i dont think it was that underpowered!

play its this numbres

SlowPropRPM=600

FastPropRPM=1825

MaxPropRPM=2450

IdlePropRPM=25

in the engine part of the FM

hope that this helps you

Cocas