Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Why have I never heard of this title before?

I have been involved with PC flight simulators for a very long time. Why have I never heard about this one? http://www.proflightsimulator.com/index5.html

I haven't downloaded the demo, but from the screenshots, it looks like X-plane did years ago. The planeset is quite interesting with many military types from many nationalities. It has an optional air combat addon complete with multiplayer and ACMI review. The air combat part looks very LITE, with sole focus on air combat maneuvering. The sales pitch looks a bit gimmicky leaning toward shady, but you can try a demo before buying it, so it must be legit? Going to google this now for reviews...

Just noticed a blurb I missed: based on the open source Flight Gear project. So I have heard of it.

"Flight Pro Sim is a commercial product that simply rebrands FlightGear. Investigation by a number of the FlightGear developers has found no difference between this and the FlightGear v1.9.1 release other than a change of name. Flight Pro Sim is in no way endorsed or supported by the core FlightGear development team.

Given the similarities between Flight Pro Sim and FlightGear, we would recommend that prospective buyers download FlightGear for free and satisfy themselves that Flight Pro Sim provides worthwhile value for money before purchasing it."

Translated: Shady deal, charging for an open source sim. Now I get why I haven't ever heard of it.

They payware package (if the advertising is telling the truth) appears to have two features that Flight Gear does not: working multiplayer and basic air combat. How well these are implemented is unknown.

The combat flight sim aspect isn't a module for flightgear, but an entirely different freeware project found here: http://aeron.sourceforge.net/sshot.php

The graphics are abstract, but it is a multiplayer environment.

Edited by streakeagle

As advised last week its best to avoid this site as its a scam being blunt... me I have Flightgear as a difference to FSX and the newest version is not 1.9.1. I would go to the flightgear website and download the better version and its the best price ever Free... and it is opensource which is the other reason not to "buy" the other version as the opensource guys did the work and then the individual involved in Proflightgear just rips the software and then sells it on also this individual also has other websites selling opensource software as well...

Anyway back to the deal in hand best place is go to flightgear download what you need and away you go...

http://www.flightgear.org/

And the Air combat side is also opensource so this guy is ripping 2 lots of opensource after doing no work at all and then rebranding and making a profit of others hard work...

Edited by Slartibartfast