Sign in to follow this  
slidermom

Flight Control Animation

I don’t know if this is bad form, but I have been flying the WWII aircraft in FS2.

On a few of the aircraft, such as the Wolf’s SBD, the visual animation of flight controls remain static. The most interesting is Wolf’s P39d. The rudder responds correctly, but the ailerons, elevators, and flaps do not move. Because the P39d’s rudder responded, I have spent more time than I want to admit trying to find the right combination of commands in the aircraft’s Data.ini to encourage them to work.

My question; Are the visual flight controls for these aircraft activated by adjustments to the aircraft’s Data.ini or is their function determined by the programming imbedded in the LOD?

Unfortunately, on a lot of Wolfs older birds, the meshes for the control surfaces were never 'cut' in 3DMax to make them animatable (would that be the word?) Also unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about that, without the source (ie: Max) files to re-create them.

Obivously, they DO work, otherwise we couldn't manuver. They just don't move. Think of them a 'virtual control surfaces', like the virtual dive-brakes I'd added the Dauntless.

wrench

kevin stein