Sign in to follow this  
rltrahan

About ready to give up

OK, Ive tried everything and have reinstalled all of this more than 3 dozen times and that's no exaggeration either. Ive done everything from install one part at a time and then run it to install all from CFS3 to the last Hat in the ring update 1.47. Ive been a OFF die hard fan and have loved the game since the first days when it was just free download add on and now I just keep trying to make it work for me. My game will not stop exiting out of play back to the start screen even in just quick combat. No I am not playing with a no CD crack and I have the original CFS3 CD set that I bought when CFS3 first came out. I have tried every possible solution and it varies. Sometimes I can get weeks more than halfway into a campaign and it will start exiting out as if I just completed the mission going into the next back to the campaign start screen. Ive tried it on many os set ups, XP sp1, XP sp3 and Windows 7 set at administrator XPsp3 on the properties. Ive even reinstalled XP and stopped using my Win7 I just bought to try to get this to work better. Sometimes it will do it immediately or shortly there after I reinstall the game and as I said earlier I have went into or more than half way through campaigns in both axis and allies and it started the same crap. I have went into msconfig and shut down everything unnecessary to include any antivirus program. I have followed all the steps listed to get this thing running right. I have for almost a year now struggled with this game constantly reinstalling and Im about gone nuts trying to fix this. I bought this game then hat in the ring and I love it more then anything but it flat sucks that I cant complete a campaign history before the game goes to crap. You guys say something about having a CD or DVD with 3.1 on it but the CFS3 game was sold before they had that patch and were supposed to be able to patch it to 3.1 from the download on Microsofts sight. I have one of the original cd sets which there is no doubt that the exe. is 3.0 on the installation CD 1 because I have to patch it to 3.1. Am I going to have to buy another CFS3 CD set thats an updated CD set to make this run right????

Thanks uncleal,

At this point Ill give anything a try. Ive always went into the folders manually and deleted but Ill try the search to see if Im missing something. I think for the most part the problems started when I got the hat in the ring expansion. I cant recal having these problems up to that point.

Russ

I have 3 sets of Microsoft discs, and they're all 3.0.

Only way I can figure it is for $9.99. you ain't getting a 3.1

Don't believe the problem has anything to do CFS3

If you're running XP, uninstall OFF. Then do a Search for all files containing 'Over Flanders Fields' Detete the results

Do a second Search including your 'Hidden Folders'

One is always gonna showup. . . ,. . . Fail to nail that puppy you're just wasting your time

You're NOW clean as a baby's butt and ready to reinstall, if you like you can reboot first ( voodoo )