Sign in to follow this  
Biggus

Anyone else having trouble with Lightning loadouts?

Having spent a good few hours searching and experimenting, I haven't yet found a solution to my problems.

Here's my install details:

SF2

SF2V

SF2E

SF2I

SF2E2

NF4+

There's something about NF4+ that breaks my loadouts for the lightning. Can't load any air to air ordnance. I can load up on drop tanks, but that's all. Same for every variant. I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall twice.

I'm about to go and do another uninstall/reinstall without NF4+, but I really, really like NATO fighters, and it gives me a sad face to have to roll without it.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Have you tried extracting the STOCK weaponsdata ini (it's in ObjectData001), and creating a NEW weapons folder for the STOCK Firestreak and Red Tops???

wrench

kevin stein

Good suggestion. Why didn't I think of that?

Wrench, what about just deleting modded firestreak and red top folders? Wouldn't this make game default to stock ones?

Having spent a good few hours searching and experimenting, I haven't yet found a solution to my problems.

Here's my install details:

SF2

SF2V

SF2E

SF2I

SF2E2

NF4+

There's something about NF4+ that breaks my loadouts for the lightning. Can't load any air to air ordnance. I can load up on drop tanks, but that's all. Same for every variant. I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall twice.

I'm about to go and do another uninstall/reinstall without NF4+, but I really, really like NATO fighters, and it gives me a sad face to have to roll without it.

Am I the only one having this problem?

No need to uninstall!!!

It is a compatibility issue with the RedTop and FireStreak that are included with NF4+, and it should be corrected in the upcoming patch to make NF4+ compatible with the Exp pack. Until the patch comes out, you can do one of three things:

1) Like Wrench said, compare the NF4+ _data.ini for those weapons with the stock and make the necessary changes

2) Just delete the NF4+ versions of the weapons and let the game revert to the stock

3) Run NF4+ through the StrikeFighters2 Europe.exe and use the StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe to access the new content in a stock environment (how to do this is covered in the Knowledge Base).

Again, just temporary options until the new NF4+ patch comes out.

Edited by malibu43

Slightly off topic, but if you want the Javelin Faw9 to use stock Firestreak missile as well, then a part from doing what guys have posted above, you'll also have to add SpecificStationCode=FIRESTREAK at appropriate weapon stations in its data.ini. Or, like malibu43 said, wait for the patch :grin:.

don't forget the old RT and FS from the BunyPak are named FireStreakIRA2A and RedTopIRA2A; therefore, with my fix above, actually give you 4 weapons.

Editing the Javelin' data and loadout inis is the best, quickest, and easiest solution. Be advise, taht some adjustments in mounting location might be necessary. That would go for any other RA/RN aircraft using them (SeaVixen comes to mind)

wrench

kevin stein

No need to uninstall!!!

It is a compatibility issue with the RedTop and FireStreak that are included with NF4+, and it should be corrected in the upcoming patch to make NF4+ compatible with the Exp pack. Until the patch comes out, you can do one of three things:

1) Like Wrench said, compare the NF4+ _data.ini for those weapons with the stock and make the necessary changes

2) Just delete the NF4+ versions of the weapons and let the game revert to the stock

3) Run NF4+ through the StrikeFighters2 Europe.exe and use the StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe to access the new content in a stock environment (how to do this is covered in the Knowledge Base).

Again, just temporary options until the new NF4+ patch comes out.

After a little more experimentation, I got it all working. I had the realisation that I stuffed up a few files when I reinstalled it last, though. I'm going to try doing this:

1. Uninstall

2. Reinstall SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I

3. Install NF4+

4. Install SF2Exp2

Then run NF4 on the stock environment and NF4 with SF2E exe until the NF4 patch comes out.

Suggestions and comments welcome. :)