Sign in to follow this  
RNMA

Need Some Help, but really feel stupid

SO I recently purchased Wings Over Europe after having WOV and liking the ability to take a flight sim onto my laptop for when Im traveling and such. I was surprised when I found how extensive the mod community for WOV was,l and when I heard about the NATO fighters and ODS mods for WoE, I had to have them! But now I have a huge problem and its keeping me from enjoying WoE.

To get ODS to work right, I had to copy and paste the folders myself, but it seems when I put the "WEAPONS" Folder into the game, it goes ape-nuts and crashes. I know I wont be able to loadout my planes unless I get the weapons folder in, but I cant figure out where or how to put it into WOE

Also, I didnt know where to put this question...sorry, but someone please help. I also can't use the installer for ODS or Nato without it bugging up on me.

Weapons folder goes here:

C:\...\WOE\Objects\Weapons

If it crashes on you you are probably using the wrong weapons editor version to save the weapondata.ini.

Okay - with campaigns - have you created a separate install for each campaign? if not it will never work.

what I mean is - install the game once

Install patch

make copy of entire game folder for each campaign.

rename it to WOE_ODS for example - that's your new install - you must then install the new files into that install only.

there should be loads about this in the SF1 knowledgebase

Moved to the correct Forum

-------------------

Information on creating seperate, stand alone installs are in the Knowledge Base above.

wrench

kevin stein

When You say move it to the weapons folder, thats my only problem. THERE IS NO WEAPON FOLDER after a clean install (ugh, again, noob)

Another problem is that Im lost as to what you mean on the campaigns

if you don't HAVE a /Weapons folder, you just create one! And drop all the goodies in there! Now, if the weaponspak is PRE 08 level --and I can tell you for certainty that the ODS mod IS at the 08 level, and REQUIRES no other weapons than what comes with it-- , you can cheat-update by using the 08 level weapons editor to re-initialize to that level.

If you are, as you say, COMPETLY new to the 3rd Wire game serie --and I cannot emphasize this enough, or repeat it often enough -- DON'T MOD THE GAME TO START WITH!!! Spend a few weeks getting familiar with game system; where stuff goes, how it works, etc and so forth.

As always, I give the link direct to our ever handy Knowledge Base:

http://combatace.com/forum/99-thirdwire-woewoiwovsf-1-knowledge-base/

and the advice to start at the beginning, and read EVERY thread, regardless if it applies now or not. It'll help later, trust me!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench