Sign in to follow this  
umm

Kill marks questions?

OK I have read the documents about the game and some of the post and I have two questions.

1. When do the Kill marks show? I now it should show after you get a kill correct?

2. Do I need to add the Killmarks files to the Decals directory? or the game will uses the game original one? if the answer is NO to (game will uses the game original one) then do I need to edit this line by adding the Killmarks bath ?

this is the file that I have for one of the models.

// Killmarks

[Decal013]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=3

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=kill

Position=5.24,-0.02

Scale=0.55

DecalMaxLOD=2

Thanks

The answer is yes x 2

.... and You have to place killmarks properly on the plane's meshes (nose, fuselage, tails or similars, according with model ...)

There are some nice non-red stars killmarks to use in SF1 decals/temps d/l section if You want not use the stock ones (btw VVs & NVPAF pilots, too used red stars).

If You use the stock red stars You have only to add in bottom of the decals.ini the lines You posted, changing only position.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulopanz

Thanks Paul for your replay,

just late me recap if i need to add my one kill marks, then I need to add them to the decals folder then add this line at the end of the decals.ini and include the correct location to the decals correct?

// Killmarks

[Decal013]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=3

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=kill that will be for example FA-18C\VFA131\D\Kill

Position=5.24,-0.02

Scale=0.55

DecalMaxLOD=2<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

one thing that is giving me hard time to understand how to get the correct position to place the marking

and do i need to add the correct

remember what I said before about using the correct terminology?

you don't add them to the decals folder, if using stock one. You add the lines to the aircraft's decals.ini. Just like what you're showing in your post.

HOWEVER...

if you add another style of killmark, THOSE would go into a seperate folder IN the decals folder

wrench

kevin stein

Correct, that is what I thought,:good: but what about my secant question about getting the correct position to place the marking (how to do that)

Edited by umm

The program keep your own pilot kill score in pilotdata folder.

decal level is the key for markings: 0 is for insigna or fixed decals;1 for squadron badges; 2 for numbers; 3 for kills

If You use stock star leave simply kill entry. If not, You have to point to decals folder like mykills/kill_. With tga format decals like kill_000; kill_001; kill_002 and so on.

To place the killmarks You have to do some tests (I use nothighess ultra light terrain for fast loading times) the format is: lenght, high on the fuselage/nose/tail left/right side. Look at the other placed decals as a guide.

Remember to set the proper scale to allow 99 kills, too (I use to edit pilotscore in pilotdata folder to find the correct room)

And last keep this line DecalMaxLOD=2 because in sf2 or sf1 last patched without it decal don't show.

I hope i have helped You a little.

Paolo

Edited by paulopanz

Thanks for your help :salute: I will try it and see if that the marking will show. :drinks:

Ok this is what I have:

[Decal001]

MeshName=VertTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=A-4F/kuwait/d/tn

Position=-2.10,1.20

Scale=0.7

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal002]

MeshName=VertTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=A-4F/kuwait/d/tn

Position=-2.10,1.20

Scale=0.7

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal003]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=A-4F/kuwait/d/nn

Position=6.25,-0.180

Scale=0.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal004]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=A-4F/kuwait/d/nn

Position=6.25,-0.180

Scale=0.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

// Killmarks

[Decal013]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=3

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=kill

Position=6.50,-0.02

Scale=0.55

DecalMaxLOD=2

and I have 3 killes but nothing showing in the left side of the jet? and I have used these setting for position: 6.25,-0.180, 6.25,-0.160, 6.50,-0.02 and 6.25,-0.02

I am using the A-4F for a jet.

Edited by umm

Ok, I haven't tell You: the decals numbers should be in order so try:

[Decal005] <------------

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=3

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=kill

Position=6.50,-0.02

Scale=0.55

DecalMaxLOD=2

Thanks, I thought I was missing something. :drinks:

The game is showing ATG kills, when I only want it to show A2A kills. Is there a way to tell it one or the other, or to have Ground Kills displayed as bombs?

no

the game only show a-a kills on the aircraft. Your pilot RECORD shows both,

Well, this is the first time I've seen an erroneous kill count. It turns out it appears to be only happening on the F-84G.

It's showing an incorrect number of kills (doesn't add to the 2 A2A, or 32 A2G) its showing 17.

It's hacked from one of the Air Force Squadron Skins decal.ini for a merc skin I made. I eliminated most of the decals and added kills.

[Decal015]
MeshName=nose
DecalLevel=3
DecalFacing=Left
FilenameFormat=Kill
Position=3.0,0.25
Scale=0.55
DecalMaxLOD=4

Weird.

Edited by Padre