Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

AI / Slider settings correlation?

I've returned to OFF after a long absence. Just got HITR and I'm all patched up. I'm having an issue with the AI. I seem to remember that the slider settings can effect the AI. I've tried both the new and the old AI settings in the Workshop, but the AI seems to be rather...uh...lacking.

For instance, I was flying a new Campaign with RFC 48 in the Brisfit in May '17. My flight sneaks up on a few German two-seaters and proceeds to lay into them. The Germans sit there and don't evade, while my wingies sit right on their six and pump rounds into them. I seem to remember that the AI would at least weave and dodge a bit. In another mission I was up against a few Alb3s and they kept doing that "pull up and stall" maneuver every time...letting me totally hammer them. This was on the "aggressive" AI setting.

I'm running a quad core @ 2.66. Would lowering the sliders help make the AI better? Or would raising them? I'm running 5-5-4-4-3-2 right now. Frames are good, though.

I hate to nitpick, but I'm hoping that it's something that I'm missing.

Thanks, I'll kill the shadows and re-adjust my sliders. So I assume that the fewer cycles the CPU spends on graphics, it can spend on the AI? So in my case (with a slower CPU): less pretty = smarter bad guys? :grin:

Well, I've tried the settings mentioned, yet I still don't see any change with the AI. In fact, I think my FPS dropped a bit...not sure how that happened, gotta go back and double-check.

Thanks for the help, gents...I'll keep plugging away. Ah, the eternal hunt for higher frame-rates...I don't think it will ever cease. :laugh: