Sign in to follow this  
skinnhuvet

Joystick help.

Hello All.

So I´ve come to the conclusion that I want a new joystick, my previous a logitech A3 Is just to simple. It needs to be easily used by both left and right hand. Other than that it´s fairly open, but with a little one on the way my economy is a little bit strained.

I am thinking about the Saitek Cyborg Evo ForceFeedback Is it a good choice? I mainly fly ROF, OFF and FE

/Tomas

Hi,

Well that's the stick that I use, I've been happy with it, had it for over 3 years now and never really had a problem.

I think for the money its not a bad stick, reasonably weighty and looks good.

The only thing I get occasionally is that it will loose input midway through a game. Unplug it and reconnect and your going again.

I keep wanting to get a HOTAS set up but until it breaks I just cant justify it.

Hope this helps.

If you want to talk bizarre, I know a lefty who has never owned a HOTAS because he uses his left hand to fly the stick...but he uses the mouse/kb setup righty!

His explanation is when he first started using computers 20 yrs ago the mouse was always on the right side and set up righty (he didn't have a PC himself, he was using the ones at school and such) and that's just how he learned. When I point out that real jets don't come "lefty" and that there are plenty of left-handed pilots he just says "I don't want to have to take the time to learn", even though from what I hear it takes most lefties at most a month to learn to fly right-handed. He's been flying PC sims for almost 20 yrs but never bothered to take a month (even when he spent several months unemployed) to learn it. Even though it would give him a far wider range of possibilities when it comes to sticks! Let's face it, using a lefty mouse and keyboard with the right hand is simple, but he went ahead and learned to do it righty. I'm right handed but I can use a mouse lefty! Not gaming, I've never done that, but I can navigated the internet and use MS Office and such just fine.

His first stick was the TM FCS back when. It wasn't lefty, he just had that button half way up the stick sitting in the center of his palm and he had to pretty much take his hand off to press it. He now uses the Saitek Evo too I think.