Sign in to follow this  
Cody Coyote

How do you Install Textures?

Over the year I downloaded a lot of textures but never installed them because I didn't have a PC that could run OFF. Now that I'm up and running, how do I add the textures? Assuming I want to keep the original textures, do I have to make a copy of the aircraft file for each new texture and drop it in? I realize that I could simply replace the stock textures, but I want to add the new textures to my options, not replace the originals. So far none of the texture files I've opened has a readme file and when I searched the Knowledge Base I didn't find any posts on this subject.

Edited by Cody Coyote

I don't think you understood my question. I have dozens of textures (alternative skins for the aircraft) I downloaded from this site. They are third party addon skins and I want to know where to put them so that they show up in the game.

Do I have to make a copy of the original plane found in the AIRCRAFT folder for each new texture or is there some other way that they are added? As I said, I've unzipped a bunch so far but none of the downloads has had a readme telling how to install the textures.

Copy the textures to:

CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\skins

:drinks: