Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

anyone convert Ansons India terrain?

to SF2 level.I simply tried to add it and while it shows and somewhat works the takeoffs are difficult as all plane in a flight are "stacked" on top of each other and when taking off on auto pilot the plane vears off to the side and takes off in the weeds.any help would be very very appreciated.

wrong airfield inis would cause that. Match the airfield ini to the type called out in the targets ini. I deleted it a loooooooooooooong time ago, so I can't tell you what/which ones it needs.

btw, that really ain't India ... it's more like Bangladesh. And honestly, it needs.... major work. Tiling is all wrong for such a tropical region. And the fact that all the nations in the region are classed as "Enemy", there's no 'Friendly' side.

There's a whole tutorial in the SF2 KB I wrote on 'How To" convert 1stGen terrains to NextGens.

http://combatace.com/topic/54856-converting-sfwo-terrains-to-sf2-usage/

wrench

kevin stein

if it has that many problems it might not be worth me taking the time to fix it.I was really just looking for a simple terrain to fly over and do some Indo-Pak dogfights.not looking to play campaigns.I just hate it when I'm flying for India or China or whatever and in the debriefing screen it says I was shot down over Berlin ;) thanks for the info Wrench.

well, to be honest, the REAL Indo=Pak terrain is done (with the need of a minor edit to remove a misplaced Kabul, that isn't even used). Thre's a screenie of planningmap3 in the EricJ's Afghan terrain thread.

Just need some aircraft finished off ... the full mod requires a full-4 merged install for the Vampires, Mystres and something else I forget. We just need to get it finished, and out.

But, with the limitednations=true, it keeps out the riff-raff. ONLY India & Pakistan are allowed. Which is the way it should be.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench