Sign in to follow this  
Scout_51

our congress

ran across this,definetly proof that our congress people DO have waaay too much time in their hands...comments welcomed...

Racial storm

Last year, Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, Texas Democrat, took one look at the list of names for the 2003 Atlantic hurricane season and shouted racial discrimination.

The outspoken congresswoman charged that Ana, Bill, Claudette, Danny, Erika, Fabian, Grace, Henri, Isabel, Juan, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor and Wanda (this columnist's mother's name) were all too white and "all racial groups should be represented" when these swirling monsters plow ashore. Particularly "African-American names," the congresswoman said.

You can be the judge of whether Uncle Sam, tasked with giving hurricanes their handles, bowed to the congresswoman's wishes. Already making their impact felt this horrific 2004 hurricane season were Alex, Bonnie, Charley, Danielle, Earl, Frances, Gaston and Hermine, while a most powerful Ivan (sounds Russian-American) and Jeanne are precariously poised to wreak havoc on our lives, limbs and property

Well, if they want some equal representation in names.... How about Hurricane Otis?

Now let me understand this. Might they be suggesting naming a hurricane after Ludacris?

Now THAT would be ludicrous.

I must say, that coming from Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, I am NOT surprised at anything she proposes.

Navy Chief