Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

Can I run full Max on all settings with this computer

About to order a new computer from Falcon NW ( don't even say " you should build your own" ) and the Guts look like this.

Core i7 960 @3.2GHz 12GB memory GTX580 at 1536MB and 64 GB SSD hard drive

Will this let me fly at MAX settings and enjoy the great graphics while dog fighting with lots of planes?

Any suggestions out there.

Thanks CW3SF

About to order a new computer from Falcon NW ( don't even say " you should build your own" ) and the Guts look like this.

Core i7 960 @3.2GHz 12GB memory GTX580 at 1536MB and 64 GB SSD hard drive

Will this let me fly at MAX settings and enjoy the great graphics while dog fighting with lots of planes?

Any suggestions out there.

Thanks CW3SF

Thats pretty close to the system I built for myself. I'm clocked a little faster at 3.8Ghz but I'm only running a 300 GB VelociRaptor drive (10K RPM) which is much faster than a normal 7200 RPM drive but not as quick as your SSD will be. I run everything maxed out at 1680 x 1050 and it's silky smooth at 60 FPS most of the time. With AA on there isn't a jaggie in sight. Will occassionally drop to 45 FPS over airfields and such but you can't see any stutter even at that framerate. I'm sure you'll quite happy with the results. Still takes some tweaking of the settings to get the ideal results you are looking for. CFS3 engine won't take advantage of your extra processor cores.

My only suggestion would be to get a TrackIR if you don't already have one.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

I think one has to bear in mind, that the bottleneck is often the software itself... CFS3 only runs on single core (as Hellshade points out)