Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A Challenge - even for "advanced Pilots"

I have started a new Campaign with Jasta 18, early May 1918, cause I wanted to fly my

reworked skin with a better Vermillion Red, wanted to fly an Albatros D Va, and wanted

to meet Camels. That last wish got fullfilled by RNAS Camels, and I must say, I can only

bow with the deepest respect for those German pilots fighting the RNAS in Flanders.

The chances to survive the war are very slim!

The chances to survive the war are very slim!

True, but don't tell that to my RFC pilot, who still has almost four years to go... :grin:

Well, at least for him it's the other way round - his chances should be getting better. :drinks:

Even fighting off one Camel in an Alb DVa is a challenge, much less a whole caravan of 'em. Good luck Olham.

Well, I survived this first mission and shot at least one Camel down.

But all wingmen had to put their kites down due to damage, and I was

asthonished to get a claim form after all.

But if it continues this way, I can only try to survive, until 14 June, when

Jasta 18 go down south all the way to Möntingen. There I would mostly

encounter SPAD XIII, I suppose - a fighter we can handle much better.

Well, at least for him it's the other way round - his chances should be getting better. :drinks:

If he manages to stay alive until the second half of 1917, things should indeed get better every month. And in 1918 the Entente has many more planes in the air than Germany, so help should always be close by.

I'm more worried about the two years he has ahead of him before the 'happy times'. :grin:

Good luck with your latest Alb career!

May 1918 is chaotic time to start flying. The side you picked was totally out numbered I think plus the newer types of aircraft were online. A Difficult time.

I wonder if I'll make it to the Fokker Dr.1 Triplane - with that craft, the Camels wouldn't be superior anymore.

(But they'd still outnumber us...)