Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Voices in Flight

Although it's 01:27 h in the night here now, I don't feel like I can sleep.

So I took the book I bought some time ago, but never found patience to read yet:

"Voices in Flight - Conversations with Air Veterans of the Great War"

The first veteran to tell his story is Sir Herbert Thompson, who had been flying with

8 RNAS. And I must say: if this book continues to be such an easy read, and to be

so very entertaining, I will be through very quickly.

The typically British understatement, paired with the warm-hearted humour of Sir

Herbert is a joy to read. I am already very sure, that this book will get me more into

flying the British side, too. It is impossible to feel distant or remote to this veteran.

I forgot completely, that I would, back in those days, have been on the other side.

He simply took me by the hand and led me right into being a British aviator.

Very good read so far!

Whether we wear Green or Grey...we're all the same underneath :good:

Gee Whiz, Olham. . . You built me up and then you shot the legs off my stool. I thought it was a link to some additional audio interviews.

Like are featured in CREDITS on the main page

Hihihi - well, sometimes, UncleAl, it may be necessary to use what you have learned in school: to read a book.

(Perhaps there are at least CDs somewhere, containing these interview recordings?)