Sign in to follow this  
Wodin

A how to question

I want to take the AlbDII and ALBdIIl flight characteristics but use the ALBIII model that came with FE2...I tried messing around with data files and I managed to get the cockpit and postion the pilot in the right place however when sat in the plane you can only see the guns and cockpit and the outside view the plane is all black....so is it possible and if so what should I do?

Thanks

1) missing textures explains the black aircraft (ie: you ain't got the skins in the skin sub-folder of the aircraft's main folder

however when sat in the plane you can only see the guns and cockpit

could you explain that in a little more detail??? Are you missing the external aircraft model? You can't be, as you say it's all black (btw, that's the material applied to the LOD in 3dMax. used to be white, changed with SF2/FE2 and their Unicode lods)

wrench

kevin stein

Yeah it's strange when in the cockpit all I can see is the cockpit and guns (oh and upper wing struts that are attached to cockpit) yet when I do an out side view I see a black Bus....thats what threw me to be honest.

Ok I got the black plane now when in the cockpit...I also copied and paste the skin folders from the AlbIII to the ALBII folder....yet still no skins...I can choose them from the loadout screen but the Bus stays black.

Oh also looking at the black plane it seems the top left aerilon is sticking up any ideas...

Edited by Wodin

Could be either or both of the following problems:

1. Did you rename the AlbIII skins to AlbII skins ???

2. Are the AlbIII and AlBII skins mapped the same on both planes ???

and can you post some screenshot of the offending effect? Easier to diagnose if we have a visual on the anomoly

wrench

kevin stein

You copied way too much of the aircraft data.ini to the new aircraft data.ini, this is why your data.ini file is all screwed up.

What you SHOULD have done instead is construct the stock ALBIII aircraft entry. The best way would have been to extract the stock ALBIII aircraft data.ini and put it into your stock ALBIII aircraft directory. Then made a full copy of that directory, renaming it to the desired aircraft. Then rename the basic ini file to the same name as the directory. You now have a basic, working aircraft.

Then, if you want to copy/paste the flight characteristics, you need to be very specific. Do NOT copy any lines that reference specific mesh names, because I can almost guarantee the mesh names aren't the same...that's where you are getting visual problems.

FC