Sign in to follow this  
Olham

I want to be this Teddy bear

TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!! (That'll cost me a 'man' card)

So where was the camera that took the backwards shots?

Hit up YouTube and check out the one with the snowy mountains. Not only great scenery but the landing is...ummmm, not as good as this one. :lol:

I like that sort of pilot when I'm not trying for scale planes. This is my pilot on an aerobatic biplane i built.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

Is that Piglet, from Winnie the Poo ?

I loved that book as a kid, and still do. So much fine phantasy in there, and superb drawings.

So you can fly this Navy trainer? (Boeing, I suppose?) I mean, you can remote steer it?

Is that Piglet, from Winnie the Poo ?

I loved that book as a kid, and still do. So much fine phantasy in there, and superb drawings.

So you can fly this Navy trainer? (Boeing, I suppose?) I mean, you can remote steer it?

Yes, it's Winnie the Pooh with homemade goggles. I also am a great fan of the books.

And yes, the plane is remote control. I just made it look like a Stearman - it isn't a scale model of one.

:drinks: Wow the model a/c rocks , good job Tranquillo, I hate to admit it but Piglet was one of my favorites too.:dntknw:

:drinks: Wow the model a/c rocks , good job Tranquillo, I hate to admit it but Piglet was one of my favorites too.:dntknw:

Thank you, carrick. When I said earlier that the character was Winnie the Pooh, of course you all knew I meant Piglet. I just love those books and read them still. Do not be ashamed to admit you like good literature :good:.

Absolutely, tranquillo!

What I feel from reading this one - it was written with so much love for the kid.

If there are light and darkness as contradicting forces in our universe, this book is fully on the "light" side.

I thought I'd post this image of my 1/12" scale 1911 Farman III electric powered RC model. It is scratchbuilt with the scale control yoke and rudderbar controlling the flight control surfaces.

farmn4.jpg

And that thingy can fly??? As a pilot, I would always have to ask again, which direction is forward. :grin:

That was a lovely video Olham...My son really enjoyed that! (and so did I ) :drinks:

And that thingy can fly??? As a pilot, I would always have to ask again, which direction is forward. :grin:

Yes indeed it does, and it's also quite scale about it's flight envelope as it quits flying and drops like a soggy feather if the power goes away. There's a lot of drag in the airframe. Plus some interesting interactions with the lifting tail surfaces and the prop blast over them.

I rather like really early Farman Boxkites...

I thought I'd post this image of my 1/12" scale 1911 Farman III electric powered RC model. It is scratchbuilt with the scale control yoke and rudderbar controlling the flight control surfaces.

farmn4.jpg

Nice one, Lewie. Much prefer building the older ones now - just working on the plans for Howard Wright Monoplane 1909. I just haven't got the space for 1/2 scale - I wish - so have to be content with 1/6.

Nice one, Lewie. Much prefer building the older ones now - just working on the plans for Howard Wright Monoplane 1909. I just haven't got the space for 1/2 scale - I wish - so have to be content with 1/6.

No that's actually quite a small model, only about 38 inches in wingspan. It's scaled one inch to the foot or one/twelfth scale, i.e. 1/12" :good: .

I don't have room for big models either, most of my planes are about 1/12" or 1/14" scale. They're considered 'parkflyers', and the Farman II is flown a bit faster than a fast walking pace.

Edited by Lewie

No that's actually quite a small model, only about 38 inches in wingspan. It's scaled one inch to the foot or one/twelfth scale, i.e. 1/12" :good: .

I don't have room for big models either, most of my planes are about 1/12" or 1/14" scale. They're considered 'parkflyers', and the Farman II is flown a bit faster than a fast walking pace.

Looks like I need new glasses then.

That was a lovely video Olham...My son really enjoyed that! (and so did I ) :drinks:

Nice you enjoyed it together, m8 ! :drinks:

Edited by Olham

Looks like I need new glasses then.

You should post some pictures of your Howard when it gets close to being finished. BTW thanks.

It'll be a while yet, Lewie, I'm building a WW1 type biplane at the moment. Not a scale version of a real one but just made up. The Howard Wright is in the planning stage but will be next on the building board unless I take a fancy to the Albatros DV I have plans for.

Edited by tranquillo

Olham, that second video reminds me of the view I get when flying ultralights, minus the aerobatics. And I fill out the cockpit just about as much as Teddy does, (still working on losing my Christmas weight). :grin:

You mean, you really fly Ultra Light aircraft?

Wow - that must be great! And explains, why you are such a good OFF pilot. :good:

Well, I'm not so sure about being a good OFF pilot, but the UL experience does provide a bit of insight into how the WWI kites may have handled. I haven't been doing much RL flying for a while now, mainly because of the occasional dizzy spells I've been having, (sinus issues), which would not be a good thing several thousand feet up in a 250 pound aircraft. Don't want to end up as "Film at 11:00".

Oh, I see - be careful, Lou. Don't risk your life easily - there are duties here beyond tomorrow.

In other words: we'd miss you too much.

:drinks: