Sign in to follow this  
Pawgy

Patches and HITR expansion question.

Confusing. Getting ready to install OFF from cd which I just ordered.. then purchase the expansion HITR. Do I need the superpatch 1.32 if I purchase and install the HITR expansion?

Pawgy

(http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm)

INSTALLING HAT IN THE RING! EXPANSION

NOTE:

YOU MUST INSTALL PATCHES FOR BH&H AS ABOVE, BEFORE INSTALLING "HAT IN THE RING!" Expansion.

9. Install OVER FLANDERS FIELDS:HAT IN THE RING! <br class="style175" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">10. Download Minipatch V1.47 from the HITR patches download page here<br class="style175" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">11. Install OVER FLANDERS FIELDS: HAT IN THE RING! MINIPATCH V1.47

12. Configure (see CONFIGURING OFF below)

13. Play

Happy Hunting!!!

Pawgy, just follow the instructions on the link that Voyd has provided you. And welcome both of you to the OFF fourms and the virtual skies. New lads buy the drinks!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks . I will do more reading befor asking next time but will probably still bother the forum with silly questions.

Here is what I have now WAiting for everything to arrive.

1.. Install CFS3 from ebay---It is not the DVD version.------------------------$14

2.. update 3.0 4.17meg from download I guess this might not be needed?

3.. update 3.1 ACU update 171KB from download.

4.. install OFF from Developer cd------------------------------------------------$39

5.. Patch to 12v1 Pt32Superpatch from developer download.

6.. Patch to V1pt32gMini from developer download.

7.. install HITR after purchase download---------------------------------------$20

8.. instal Mini patch v1.47 for HTIR from developer download.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Total-----$73

I sure hope it all goes smoothly.

Thanks again for your replys

Pawgy

I think your list is right, Pawgy - and I dare to promise you:

when you are into an immersive WW1 air combat sim, you will not regret a single penny.

Welcome to the mud!

Thanks for the welcome, RAF_Louvert... I'll tell 'em to keep sending fresh glasses your way until you've had your fill.

I've been an avid combat sim enthusiast for almost two decades now & am slightly kicking myself for not discovering this gem sooner.

Actually, I was about to pony up on the the "other simulation" until I saw OFF mentioned in their forum. I really enjoyed their demo, but the campaign engine OFF offers is what sold me even w/o a test drive!!

No regrets at all. I've been running OFF since late Monday evening (picked up HitR yesterday at work) & am looking forward to getting all of my FreeTrack parts in the mail so that I can have a better experience. I'm also thinking about building some rudder bars and a throttle... if I can keep myself out of the cockpit long enough!!

Happy Hunting, Gents!!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have the day off today because of all of the power issues at work due to last night's front... the power's on at the apt., so there's no better time to log some hours!!

Edited by voyd

Pawgy and Voyd, if you send me a PM with your town and state, I'll add you to our OFF Pilots maps.

Welcome between heaven and hell!

I Have been playing ROF for about 6 months and enjoy it a great deal but it is very tough to shoot a plane down..IL2 1946 is a little easier to set the AI so they are worse than I am. Looking forward to OFF and maybe some easier settings to start with. Sometimes i think i am too old (75) for the sims that require VG eyesite and quick reactions but i will keep playing. Thanks for all your greetings.

Regards

Pawgy

Edited by Pawgy

My Combat Flight Sim 3 Just arrived and it says it is UBISOFT Exclusive. PC DVD rom.

SO from what i have read this is the dvd version i guess.

I think that means it is already 3.1 and will not require the dvd in drive after install. is that correct?

Does tha also mean I do not have to install it ,, Just put it in during the OFF installation so OFF can get the neccessary files?????

How do I know for sure if my UBIsoft version DVD , which just arrived, is 3.0 or 3,1??

Pawgy

Does tha also mean I do not have to install it ,, Just put it in during the OFF installation so OFF can get the neccessary files?????

How do I know for sure if my UBIsoft version DVD , which just arrived, is 3.0 or 3,1??

As far as I have always read here, the DVD version is always the 3.1 - mine is also from UBISOFT, and is 3.1

So you should be able to install OFF, until it will ask for the CFS3 DVD to load some files, as you said.

Then it will continue with OFF installation.

Thanks Oldham. I am anxiously awatiting the arrival of OFF.

Pawgy