Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Great reading Save the PT Boat

Has anybody seen this before? I think it is great they are working to save our history! Check it out Save the PT Boat

She's a beautiful boat. I always thought PT boats were sexy.

Those PT boat, along with Fletcher class DDs, and Iowa class BBs are the coolest US ships of WW2, no doubt. They should be preserved even if not fit to be visited by the public, just in case someone wanted to make a film about their service.

I liked the motto "Iron men in wooden boats". In the early 50s, my grandpa was in the Spanish Navy, bringing imported minesweepers from the US, then serving aboard them in the task of cleaning up mines remaining from our Civil War and WW2 wich used to be a real trouble back then. Hulls were wooden, to prevent activating magnetic mines. They had that motto, but he said it was older than the new age MCM flotilla, good to find out

One of my first plastic ship scale models...........:good:

Houdoe,

Derk

(and my 1000th post..........)

One of the first models I made besides 1/72 scale planes was a British Vosper motor torpedo boat. Very nice greyhound, too. I wonder if these boats would be that fun to sim? Has somebody here ever played UbiSoft's PT Boats Knights of the Sea?