Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

Keystrokes remapped w/ certain a/c d/l & missions

I recently installed Vietnam 1984 add-on campaign to a Oct2008 patched version of WoV.

1. WoV (clean)

2. Oct2008 patch

3. Weapons Pack 1/25/09

4. Weapon Editor 2/2008

5. Vietnam 1984

Everything was installed in the above order, I double and triple read the readme file, all folders were in their correct locations. I started the game and this is when the keystrokes started acting funky...for example the A key (autopilot) cycled through the nav lights, the Z key (ECM on/off) jettisoned the external tanks and the B key (brakes) set the bomb release intermitten times. Now before anyone says go to the 'Options' screen, I did that and rechecked for the corrosponding keys to the functions I wanted and the same thing occured. I've install/uninstalled/reinstalled everything twice and can't get keys to work right.

Anyone else have this happen? How did you fix it?

Samething happened with the F/A-18E add-on 2 weeks ago, I just reinstalled the a/c and the keys work fine. Can't explain that one.

Any advice on this???

Vietnam 1984 is a VERY old campaign...there is probably something in it (maybe the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI file) that is causing the problem.

I would recommend doing the first four steps, then install the campaign in another folder and copy the files to your install individually.

FC

rename or delete the AircrafObjects.ini. Known issue (there's a post in KB about it somewhere taht I forget)

wrench

kevin stein

rename or delete the AircrafObjects.ini. Known issue (there's a post in KB about it somewhere taht I forget)

wrench

kevin stein

If I do that, will the game still work??

Sure...it'll just revert to the stock AircraftObject.ini file located in one of the CAT files.

FC

Sure...it'll just revert to the stock AircraftObject.ini file located in one of the CAT files.

FC

OK, got it.

Thanks

To FastCargo & Wrench,

Thanks for the advice, that did the trick.

:good:

was pretty sure that would fix it (after all, I went through the same thing myself!!)

wrench

kevin stein