Sign in to follow this  
tiopilotos

Problem converting aircrft from SF1 to SF2

Hey guys I followed the instructions on how to convert old aircrafts to be flyable on SF2 but I have a problem with the greek F-4E.

I can't solve the problem with the back landing gears. They are sink in the runway. I changed the rolling radius of the back gears many times in order to make them look normal but all the time the back part of the aircraft sinks in the runway.

Also this greek F-4E is very manueverable than an average F-4E. It looks like the manueverability of Mirage F.1.

hello Tiopilotos,

by reading the description of your problem, I suspect a misnamed WheelNodeName.

Could you please post your _data.ini file, especially the lower part, where the Landing Gears are.

About the maneuverability, compare the _data file against an existing F-4E (one of which the FM match your taste).

Best regards

isn't there a HAF AUP already in the SF2 downloads section?

You canNOT use the old 1stGen data ini at all ... too many nodes have changed. Also, probably calling for the wrong lod (a very common problem).

Best thing: determine WHICH version of the E is being used, adapt the skin for that, edit the userlist.ini, off you go.

wrench

kevin stein

some research has deterined, the first Es were delivered between 74-78, is standard SEA 3tone, with roundels in all six positions (didn't look too much further for serials and such)

so...extract the F-4E_72_userlist.ini, and add Greece. Place it in the appropriate aircraft folder. Then, you can select it from the drop down.

like thusly:

[Greece]

ServiceStartYear=1974

ServiceEndYear=1997

Availability=RARE

(97 reflects the year they went in for overhaul to AUP standard, me thinks)

Or/And ... create a new HAF specific skin folder, with the proper bmps, edit the textureset ini, edit decals ini to call the proper positions of the roundells and fin flash, drop into E_72 main folder (don't forget the edit the userlist ini!!!), and off you go.j About 15 minutes worth of work.

See, folks .. work smarter, NOT harder.

wrench

kevin stein

Harder is better she said. grin.gif

Thanks for the demonstration Wrench.

what with Valentine's Day tommorrow .. I couldn't agree more!! :rofl:

A reminder to EVERYONE -- don't forget your Significant Other ™ tommorrow!!!, wiether married or not!!

wrench

kevin stein

Actually there is a HAF F-4E AUP in SF2 download section but these aircrafts were upgraded in late 90s. I just want to have the original greek HAF F-4E that was operational between 1974 - 2005. These aircrafts were using the great blue camo during 80s - late 90s. These are some lines from the aircraft's data but I think I should just copy data.ini from SF2 F-4E because convertion here seems to be hard.

Some [NoseGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.25

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=gear_strut_front

InsideNodeName=gear_bay_front

ShockAnimationID=5

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=1.3

DampingFactor=1.8

WheelNodeName=wheels_front

RotationAxis=X-Axis

ReverseWheelRotation=TRUE

RollingRadius=0.26

CastoringWheel=TRUE

CastoringNodeName=gear_swivel

Steerable=TRUE

MaxSteeringSpeed=41.15

Locking=FALSE

MaxSteeringAngle=70.0

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ControlRate=2.0

HasBrakes=FALSE

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

MaxLoadFactor=5.0

[LeftMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=2

DragArea=0.50

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=gear_piston_left

ShockAnimationID=10

ShockStroke=0.25

SpringFactor=1.3

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=wheel_left

RotationAxis=X-Axis

RollingRadius=0.39

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=1.15

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

MaxLoadFactor=6.0

[RightMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=2

DragArea=0.50

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=gear_piston_right

ShockAnimationID=9

ShockStroke=0.25

SpringFactor=1.3

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=wheel_right

RotationAxis=X-Axis

RollingRadius=0.39

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=0.75

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

MaxLoadFactor=6.0

By the way, If I copy the blue camo of the SF1 F-4E HAF to an existing SF2 F-4E folder, the SF2 will display this skin?

Thanks.

Edited by tiopilotos

No because mapping is different from SF1 to SF2

as EJ said, they'll need COMPLETELY new skins ...and guess what? Sundowner has uploaded his FANTASTIC templates...so, again, there ya go.

like I said... READ my post above, it details what you need to do (based on stock SEA camo, as originally issued to HAF)

wrench

kevin stein

Or/And ... create a new HAF specific skin folder, with the proper bmps, edit the textureset ini, edit decals ini to call the proper positions of the roundells and fin flash, drop into E_72 main folder (don't forget the edit the userlist ini!!!), and off you go.j About 15 minutes worth of work.

The stock F-4E has in its userlist.ini Greece, so I think I can create a blue skin in some way and then add it to the aircraft folder.

Wrench, thanks for your advice but how can I make this happen? I mean, I am not a so advanced moder. Can you explain to me with some more details?

I must say that in combatace.com moders and members provide help and addtional information quickly. Thanks guys!

More details, please Tio...exactly what are you attempting to do, and to what outcome?

with Ant's templates, you can rezise the original blue skins to fit, drop them on as a 'new layer', CREATE a new layer, then paint OVER the blue, thereby creating a new skin in the HAF blue (this is pretty much how the Warbirds ARNIEs -albeit with slightly different mapping- were created.

if you need screenie of the process, let me know (if I can drag myself off the MidWest terrain...)

And don't forget, you can now turn skins on and off by years...(below is from the yet un-released Iranian Viper)

[TextureSet]

Name=IIAF Camo 1

Nation=IRAN

Squadron=

StartDefaultDate=0 <---original start date

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSet]

Name=IRIAF Camo 2

Nation=IRAN

Squadron=