Sign in to follow this  

"Taliban Grouse"

This is a "What If" nation missile system based off of the real SA-18 Grouse (or what I could find though internets sources).

It is set for the "Taliban" nation for my Afghanistan install but can be adapted of course for any map or nation:

[Nationxxx]

Name=Taliban

DisplayName=Taliban

Alignment=ENEMY

Mercenary=TRUE

PilotNameList=NamesMercs.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

StartDate=1994

It uses Pasko's "SAM Gunner" since I have no modeling skills and is setup for SF2. It can be of course adapted for SF1 but that requires a bit of work that can be found in the SF2 Knowledge Base and is a drag and drop as all files and folders are already organized.

Afghanistan rules of thumb:

Kandahar-Shindand-Herat-Qala I Naw "ring" stay above 24,000ft MSL + for traveling. When you break that (usually 23,000 ft) you may get shot at. Other areas roughly 22,000 ft MSL + is a good altitude to stay above but again use flares conservatively. It's not very accurate but if enough are fired you will get shot down. I've seen earlier versions of this shred SEAD flights.

This is strictly for What If scenarios or installs rather than real world setups as so far there is no heavy use of SAMs in-country.