Ok guys be gentle with me here, I've made another hangar & in max itself everything looks fine to me but in game its tilted over to one side, I've tried 2 or 3 variations of it but I always end up with the same problem, strange as all the others turned out ok.

Have I done summat stupidly wrong & its staring me in the face.......... :dntknw:

post-841-0-16578400-1299701131.jpg

post-841-0-32495800-1299701136.jpg

Ant,

Have you done a Reset XForm? (Save the file first!)

Then, once you're done, make sure to do a proper Transform with the pivot point.

Also, if this is a multiple mesh model, unlink all the parts first, then Reset XForm each part, then Transform the pivots, THEN relink the parts.

FC

Blimey m8....all way above my head, But I'll look into it.....thanks.

Well Harold, I owe you one m8, I had'nt got a clue what you were on about but with the help of the 3ds help files I did everything you said and all is now good. :clapping:

Many thanks m8.

"Reset pivot" and "Reset XForm" can do wonders. :D

But there's nothing worse than modeling an aircraft, exporting it to the sim and noticing that it's backwards because the root node hasn't been oriented correctly. :lol:

- Edit:

Nice shelter, btw.

I still have models for grass walls in various lengths, Warsaw Pact style hardened shelters (open/closed), concrete blast deflector walls in various lengths and GDR style ramp lights in 3DS Max 9 formats that got used in a never released Trollenhagen airbase scenery in FSX.

If anyone wants them for SFP1/2 use, gimme a shout.

Edited by Heretic

Another technique I use is to create a new mesh (usually a box) and set the pivot for it how I need it.

Then I attach the object I want to the box I have just made. (It takes on the pivot from the box)

Finally, I delete the verticies or faces for the box leaving only the object I want with the correct pivot.

Long winded but works for me when Reset Pivot or Reset XForm don't.

Dels