Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Mission types do not work with some plans

Hi, i notice some planes in my install do not work with certain mission types. I checked the data.ini types and see that they are all there. But when I go to fly, some will work and some dont. Or they will work in strikemissions only but not the others. Any ideas here? Thx.

Specificaly, WHICH terrain??? 'Cause as of the 08 patch, and continuing into SF2, you can limit the types of missions flown ON that terrain, regardless of what the aircraft's data ini says

Have you looked at the terrains main ini, for the AllowedMissionTypes= statements???

A little more information here would be of great assistence...

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, one was AMS or Texas/Mexico. The other was the default desert and another was India/pakiistan.

Hello DSawan,

could you please give a precise example? I'm at the moment of the day at which coffee isn't strong enough to clarify everything. grin.gif

Also, is it during a campaign that you are facing restrictions or is it during single mission too?

PS: check the loadout.ini, not 100% sure but it may also restrict the kind of mission "doable" if the necessary loadout isn't declared at all

Edited by FrankD

It's "ASW" (as in American SouthWest -even though, traditionally, that would be more Arizona/New Mexico than SW Texas). Both ASW and India-Pak do NOT make use of limited/allowed mission statments ... something's wrong with aircraft and/or game install.

No problems at this end; my stuff gets tested to destruction, and beyond.

Maybe a delete/reinstall of the modfolder may be necessary?

wrench

kevin stein

Hi ,guys. Sorry for the delay in response. It looks like my install is screwed as I tested the razbam banchees which were working last week. This appears sudden and now the razbam banshees arent working in other mission types. I am doing a reinstall to be safe. its strange cause all i added was planes and the unified effects pack. Nothing major but I still had patch dec 2010-b. So I am reinstalling with jan update.