Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

OT: I'm Tired

I'm tired.

I'm tired of winter; of the snow, and the cold, and the ice, and the wind.

I'm tired of politics; of the lying and deceit, and the self-serving, self-aggrandizing bastards who seem to dominate the system.

I'm tired of the economy; of it being ruled by the elite few of the world who serve no interests but their own.

I'm tired of the health care system; of its corruption by the insurance companies and investors, who would let us all die slow painful deaths if it would increase their profits by so much as a dime.

I'm tired of Wall Street; it can sink into Hell tomorrow.

I'm tired of clever, crooked lawyers; they can all join Wall Street as it descends.

I'm tired of reality television; of Big Brothers and Real Housewives and Bad Girls and Surviviors, and every other moronic, insipid, disgusting incarnation of the genre.

I'm tired of tele-evangelists; of their hypocritical judgements and warnings that it is we who need to repent and do with less, while they live in mansions and travel around the world in private jets.

I'm tired: of the injustice, the indifference, the intolerence, the hatred, the cruelty, the stupidity, the waste, the evil that is this world.

Then my five-year-old granddaughter comes to visit, and I am no longer tired. Winter is a magic wonderland in which to build castles and find adventure. Politics are no more important than the trash sitting in the bin next to the garage; nor is the economy, the health care system, Wall Street, the clever crooked lawyers, reality television, the tele-evangelists: It is all garbage and has taken it's rightful place. Gone is the injustice, the indifference, the intolerence, the hatred, the cruelty, the stupidity, the waste, the evil.

My granddaughter and I are going to make snow angels; the universe makes perfect sense.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, you had me worried there for a sec.

I feel the same spring tiredness (at least I'd like to call it that - we don't want to think it might not go away :grin:).

As I don't have a granddaughter, I will have to work myself out of this depression.

So I started with tidying and cleaning up.

And - oh, lord! - it was not a minute too early.

Sooooooo much to improve here!

But I am grown-up (I often find it necessary to remind myself of that), and so I know:

The best cure for mental suffering is physical suffering!

When my soul is in disorder, I put the flat in order - it helps!

(Only the way until then is nasty!)

I know what you mean about playing with a little kid.

I like to watch parents playing with their little ones in our nearby park, and there are always some astounding

or amazing observations or remarks made by the "dwarfs", which show the world in a totally new light.

Go and make those snow angels - and when the aliens watch them from their UFOs, let them wonder, what it could mean.

Signs of infantile life. Enjoy it!

Edited by Olham

I'm tired.

I'm tired of politics; of the lying and deceit, and the self-serving, self-aggrandizing bastards who seem to dominate the system.

I'm tired of the economy; of it being ruled by the elite few of the world who serve no interests but their own.

I'm tired of the health care system; of its corruption by the insurance companies and investors, who would let us all die slow painful deaths if it would increase their profits by so much as a dime.

I'm tired of clever, crooked lawyers; they can all join Wall Street as it descends.

I'm tired of reality television; of Big Brothers and Real Housewives and Bad Girls and Surviviors, and every other moronic, insipid, disgusting incarnation of the genre.

I'm tired of tele-evangelists; of their hypocritical judgements and warnings that it is we who need to repent and do with less, while they live in mansions and travel around the world in private jets.

I'm tired: of the injustice, the indifference, the intolerence, the hatred, the cruelty, the stupidity, the waste, the evil that is this world.

I'm with you. I'm so tired of al that. Yesterday I went to the streets, to protest. The last time I've done it was more than 30 years ago, with my father, when after the revolution that ended up the fascist regime, the country was being ruled by extremist leftists which wanted to impose a new "cultural revolution". Now again, 30 years later, I'm feeling that it's time for a new "call to arms".

Unfortunately I don't have sons to help me "balance the sheet". But I'm using Bach and friends to go through it.

I thought you were gonna post this:

When "Minisota" bears are tired...

I'm tired.

I'm tired of winter; of the snow, and the cold, and the ice, and the wind.

Then my five-year-old granddaughter comes to visit, and I am no longer tired. Winter is a magic wonderland in which to build castles and find adventure. Politics are no more important than the trash sitting in the bin next to the garage; nor is the economy, the health care system, Wall Street, the clever crooked lawyers, reality television, the tele-evangelists: It is all garbage and has taken it's rightful place. Gone is the injustice, the indifference, the intolerence, the hatred, the cruelty, the stupidity, the waste, the evil.

My granddaughter and I are going to make snow angels; the universe makes perfect sense.

Cheers!

Lou

Amen Lou! I have to admit I felt a similar tired-ness today, and I'm not nearly old enough to be a grandfather yet. Your post cheered me right up though! I'm trying desperately as I age, to hang on to the things I love from my youth - perhaps that will be the trick to longevity.

I'm trying desperately as I age, to hang on to the things I love from my youth - perhaps that will be the trick to longevity.

It helps remain open for the love for something or someone.

Von Paulus likes Bach; I rather hear more recent stuff, and can get absorbed in it.

If you can merge completely into something, you can be happy as a kid.

And when I notice, I am happy, then it's already going again - happyness is nothing one can preserve.

I can only try to remain open for it - to stay tuned.

I'm rather non-wealthy, but right now I'm rich:

I have time, I have OFF, and I have two toasts with raspberry jam plus a mug of fresh, hot coffee!

And now excuse me - I have to fly a mission.

It helps remain open for the love for something or someone.

Von Paulus likes Bach; I rather hear more recent stuff, and can get absorbed in it.

If you can merge completely into something, you can be happy as a kid.

And when I notice, I am happy, then it's already going again - happyness is nothing one can preserve.

I can only try to remain open for it - to stay tuned.

I'm rather non-wealthy, but right now I'm rich:

I have time, I have OFF, and I have two toasts with raspberry jam plus a mug of fresh, hot coffee!

And now excuse me - I have to fly a mission.

The toast and coffee sounds good to me! I think you're right Olham, you must stay open to happiness and to love someone or something. For me, it's my Fiance. Work also makes me happy, but there is nothing like love.

And Louis CK will attest that we should be far more amazed with the world we live in than we are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itn8TwFCO4M&feature=feedlik

Edited by _CaptSopwith

When I feel like my problems are too big, I sit down and remember one picture I will never forget:

the earth, seen from the moon through the camera of Apollo 11.

Seeing that, I thought: what a well made pearl!

When I feel like my problems are too big, I sit down and remember one picture I will never forget:

the earth, seen from the moon through the camera of Apollo 11.

Seeing that, I thought: what a well made pearl!

You mean Apollo 11 or 8? (not that really matters)

earthrise.jpg

Edited by Von Paulus

I meant Apollo 11 - the first men on the moon.

I'm tired of the spotty electrical service we have here. I have some 3D work to finish on my desktop we've been without power for over 4 hours. This happens at least once every two months or so.

RAF_Louvert,

very timely post, thanks for sharing your inspiration.

I too grow weary of all the dross, but then I too have a saviour similar to yours.

How lucky we both are!

IMG_0508-1.jpg

I reckon we can all relate to Lou's comments.

I too, am having a pretty sh*t time at the minute...Got the Job at the Airport...but was shortly after told that they're not recruiting this season, due to a lost contract with Thomas Cook Airlines....it seems to be cold, wet and Windy every damn day too....But, I just take my Dogs for long walks..helps me get my mind back in order!

It's all relative.... I could be living on the East Coast of Japan!