It seems to be true, Oleg Maddox has left 1c. After reading it at first I wanted to try and make sure before I posted it. It seems true.

Here's a few places to read more UBI Forums also more talk. I'll try to find out more.

apparently he left silently 1,5 years ago, leaving all to Luthier, who seems to be his successor... honestly, I can't say I'm Il2 series fanboy, there are many things in it that I don't like, but it's the best we WW2 propheads have. Seeing as Il2 Cliffs of Dover is currently in a state of early beta, currently with no promises* of maturing into fully playable, immersive Battle of Britain title, I can't say I'm happy.

*if UBI decides to pull the plug, CloDo is as good as dead for me

If Ubisofts pulls the plug, I will actually demand a refund. From Ubisoft.

I didn't know that, WOW over a year ago. From what I have read they are having some issues with their FPS due to the epilespy filter. IF I decided to try Cliffs, it will be awhile.

(...)what I have read they are having some issues with their FPS due to the epilespy filter(...)

The second patch disables the filter and adds epilepsy warning on splash screen, but that doesn't add much of framerate, over land, well, this shot of me down low was taken with Fraps showing 6 fps on mixed high/medium settings (don't know why stats overlay wasn't captured with the screen):

Several seconds later due to such unplayable framerates I turned into big ball of fire. My best advice is to wait for newxt set of patches and see how it turns out performance and gameplay wise

I'm a big IL-2 fan,especially after the code was cracked and the mod community was able to produce planes that the makers of the sim refused to make.However in its release state,Cliffs Of Dover is a total mess and a big fail.I am not surprised that Oleg left 1C.