Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

So Homefront... yeah.

Is it just me or does this game just suck hard? It had a slick marketing campaign, but that's about all I've found impressive so far. Even the game it was derived from, Frontlines: Fuel of War seems more impressive despite some truly awful acting. I dunno. Maybe I'm just being picky, but COD4 and GRAW 2 set the standard for me and very little has come close since IMO.

A buddy of mine went through the single player in about 4 hours. So it can't be that hard IMHO. I haven't seen or heard anything else.

Now COD-BO has a new map pack out ( you gotta buy it :blink: ) So i and a handful of buddies did and they are great maps.

I'm glad they fixed the issues with BO, I was locking up constantly.

Yeah, I think I had the game installed for all of 1 day and I'd already knocked it over. That's good to know about Blops because I've had it running poorly since the previous patch, very jerky, lots of micro pauses. Before that, it was fine though. Oddly enough, I have that very same problem with Homefront during combat or when a script kicks in. And since it's a script based game, it's happening A LOT! Heh. However, when I play BF:BC2 or I play BF2 with the bots cranked up to 160+, still runs smoother than an android's ass. Go figure.

Edited by Say What?!

Well, BF2 is an old game now, so it better run well!

As for Homefront, it looks to be another lame excuse for an SP side just to justify the MP component which I'm guessing they think will be the next CoD or MoH...even though it obviously will not be.

It isn't, like I said, Frontline was better, this just had a better PR team. I thought it might be an issue of too much happening at once that might be causing it to jerk up, but not at all -- That's why I used the BF2 example. I think I had 239/255(max) bots running on a 32 player map before and slowdown was pretty negligible compared to HF.I have to say though, it's bad when a game makes MoH look good! I think I'd be spending time polishing that turd rather than rushing it out next time.

Polish a turd ..... it's still a turd. :drinks: