Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeHawk

Missing WW2 enemies in SF2

I'm trying to find a good fight for my FW-190 in SF2. It's got lots of planes to play with in Single Mission - Fighter Sweep. My P-51D has the nation changed to USAF. There's another Mustang in there for the USAF. A P-38L (USAF) and the assorted Spitfires from the Israeli expansion. The only plane that came up to fight is the Israeli Mosquito VI. If I cut that out, all I get on Sweeps is "Mission Accomplished!" at mission start.

I have the Nations.ini installed which includes Nazi Germany. I even added updated <aircraft>_userlist.ini for the focke-wulf and the mustang.

Strangely, if I set the mission for Intercept, the Ju-87 comes out, but that's the only plane that comes up to fight!

What's going wrong here?

Also, what terrain are you flying?

What does the Terrain_nations.ini say so far as permitted nations is concerned?

You will have to set nazi germany as an enemy nation and usaf, raf etc as friendly nations.

Cheers Mate,

Baltika

problem his not in the nations ini but in the aircraft_data.ini dont watt but im sure off it

made some teste e a A5M show normal in a single mission but no BF-109Es no so i change the A5M´s nation to nazi germany and its cool it shows up normal

now putting more planesto figure out watt his wroung

note Fiat CR-42 his no show to

more later after more testes

are you using the correct ww2 Nations.ini???

try the attached, below

note: japanese naval airforces added, so all the appropriate aircraft of said service will need data ini editing

wrench

kevin stein

REMEMBER: SEPERATE ww2 installs!!!

Another Thing I forgot:

you'll have to edit the Spit 9s data inis and user lists, as the start dete/year is WRONG for the Mk.9s -- should be 1943 (according to the SAM Modlers Datafile 'Merlin Powered Spitfires' -which is a GREAT book, BTW!) Also, remove the Soviet references

Edited by Wrench

Also, what terrain are you flying?

What does the Terrain_nations.ini say so far as permitted nations is concerned?

You will have to set nazi germany as an enemy nation and usaf, raf etc as friendly nations.

Cheers Mate,

Baltika

This is happening over all terrains. Altough I was flying over Tunisia when I realized this. It includes Nazi Germany (as ENEMY) and the USAF (as FRIENDLY). My installed nations.ini is also set the same way.

I don't think this is a nations problem, like I first thought. I tried setting the FW-190 to Egypt and the P-51D to Israel as fits my WoI2 install.

Still no combat. Something else is amiss...

some blue birds have the same issue not all

its sometinhig more then nations limits or nations ini its aircraft_data.ini but i cant find whatts up

how come I don't have any problems like this at all????* My 3 ww2 installs work EXACTLY the same in SF2 as they did in 1stGens

1) you should NEVER have to touch the aircraft data ini for any reason, other than to fix the f***ed up FMs

2) all the terrains work exactly as advertised (other than with the minor tweek to the data ini, as in the Tunisisa one attached above). None of the WW2 terrains mods I've done make use of the limited nations statments, nor limited/allowed mission types.

do you have the proper Formatins.ini, with the ww2 settings? (gose in the /Flight folder, with the nations.ini). Try the attached

Edit: have you adjusted the year spread in the Options ini?? That's an easly forgotten tweek

wrench

kevin stein

*other than trashed FMs

Edited by Wrench

GOT IT!

Whew! That was a serious b**ch. Finally got this to work.

Kevin - I installed your nations.ini. It didn't help but your copy is more up-to-date than mine, so thanks for that. I'll use yours in future installs. And, sorry to be the cause of frustration.

I checked the Tunisia_Nations.ini. It includes "Nazi_Germany" as it should so I stopped looking at it. But later I compared it to IsraelME_Nations.ini and realized they use a completely different format. The old Tunisia_nations.ini looks like this...

[Theater]

TheaterName=NorthWest Africa

Location001=Algeria

Location002=Tripolitania

Location003=Sicily

Location004=Italy

Location005=Tunisia

Location006=Sardinia

Location007=Malta

Location008=Mediterranean Sea

Location009=Cyrenaica

Location010=Corsica/Vichy France

[Nation001]

NationID=006

Name=RAF

DisplayName=Royal Air Force

Alignment=FRIENDLY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

-- [etc] --

[Nation002]

NationID=076

Name=Nazi Germany

DisplayName=Luftwaffe

Alignment=ENEMY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

-- [etc] --

So I updated it to match the format I found in the IsraelME_nations.ini. So now the Tunisia_nations.ini looks like this...

[Theater]

TheaterName=NorthWest Africa

Location001=Algeria

Location002=Tripolitania

Location003=Sicily

Location004=Italy

Location005=Tunisia

Location006=Sardinia

Location007=Malta

Location008=Mediterranean Sea

Location009=Cyrenaica

Location010=Corsica/Vichy France

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=RAF

FriendlyNation002=RoyalNavy

FriendlyNation003=USAF

FriendlyNation004=USN

FriendlyNation005=France

EnemyNation001=Nazi Germany

EnemyNation002=WWII Italy

EnemyNation003=Vichy France

With this change, planes assigned to "Nazi Germany" finally show up to fight. I realize that some installs may not need that change. I'm not sure why I need to try something different. I'm just glad it's working!

Thanks Kevin, Baltika, and Cocas for offering suggestions. It ALWAYS helps!

p.s. Kevin - Thanks for the Formations update.

actually, for sf2, you don't need nations named in the terrain nations.ini; it really only exists to set the differing locations

don't forget, you'll have to turn on LimitedNations=TRUE in the terrain's main ini (Tunisia.ini, NAfrica.ini, Palestine.ini, etc)

wrench

kevin stein