Sign in to follow this  
Lewie

OT: Pratchett's 'Going Postal' two parter on Youtube

I don't know how many of you are Terry Pratchett's Discworld fans, I'm a big one, in addition to Neil Gaiman's books.

It's the latest video-ization of his numerous Discworld series. These movies are pretty darn good, I'd even suggest that they're close to the the Harry Potter movies in quality and production standards. I have to say that Vetinari as a blonde had me thrown a bit, but his part is down well by actor Charles Dance. And the woman who plays Angua, :wolfhowl: she's pretty hot. I also love the choice of actress for Adora, she is exactly as I imagined her in the novel.

Enjoy, they're in 15 minute segments, and there's 13 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vEyI3heHXY

I don't know how many of you are Terry Pratchett's Discworld fans, I'm a big one, in addition to Neil Gaiman's books.

It's the latest video-ization of his numerous Discworld series. These movies are pretty darn good, I'd even suggest that they're close to the the Harry Potter movies in quality and production standards. I have to say that Vetinari as a blonde had me thrown a bit, but his part is down well by actor Charles Dance. And the woman who plays Angua, :wolfhowl: she's pretty hot. I also love the choice of actress for Adora, she is exactly as I imagined her in the novel.

Enjoy, they're in 15 minute segments, and there's 13 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vEyI3heHXY

I only watched 5 minutes but so far, so good. The production quality looks good and I'll have to give it a watch later tonight...thanks for this Lewie.:good:

I'm still having a major headspin about them casting David Suchet as Reacher Gilt. Mainly because he's perfect for it.

I also think he'd be perfect as Ventinari.

Damn, I may never watch another Poirot mystery again without thinking of his part in this, he was a better Reacher Gilt, than he was as a fictional Belgian Sleuth.